No announcement yet.

Going to san fran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually stay in Harbor Court hotel when I go for work. If you're in that area eat at Perry's. They have good burgers for a decent price for SF. Or go down the street from it to Hotel Vitale and go to their bar/restaurant. I think its the Americana. Not cheap but eye candy is great.

Catch a MLB game if the Giants are in town. Eat or have drinks across the street. I think its Momo's but its been a year or two.

Eat in North Beach area. Good Italian in that area. Stinking Rose is popular place. Lots of entertainment in that area as well, from blues to strip clubs.

You can shoot a bow in Golden Gate park. Bill and I didn't think it was a safe setup so we didn't stick around long.

Comment

Duck hunt in SF Bay Oct.-Jan. Great ducking east off San Pablo Bay in the delta and Grizzly Island. Grizzly Island has tulie elk,

..... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

I would be amazed if you found a decent hotel in SF for that price, maybe try air BnB or hotwire day of for a good deal.

I don’t know if it’s still open but Basta Pasta is great, I know there are better but one of my favorite places in North Beach. The owner Frank was a character.

It’s been a couple years since I’ve been there but if I can think of anything else I’ll shoot you a pm

Comment

take a jacket it gets cool by the bay

Comment

Drive the pacific coast hwy and go to San Jose and do the tour at the Winchester mansion. And call Bill! He gave me a ton of things to go look at when I was there last year.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Something that is out of the norm... how about dive with great white sharks?

Comment

If you are a Prime Rib lover then the best is in a small town called Isleton, CA. It was originally in the Hotel Del Rio and then the cook opened his own restaurant called Peter's Steakhouse next to the Hotel Del Rio.

Comment

eat a rutherford's in napa. go to the winery at Castillo de Amore. golf at half moon bay. while you golf, the wife can get a massage and facial at the spa. Harris' Steak House in SF is excellent! gotta drive the PCH!

Comment

Going to san fran

Drive PCH south to north so a mountain is to your right and not a narrow shoulder, blue sky and no guardrails. If there is a guard rail, multiple people have died there.

The Marriott Marina in Berkeley has amazing sunsets with SF across the bay and you can take Uber to BART to SF. It may be cheaper than in SF.

I'm looking forward to your call.

..... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
                      Last edited by Bill; 08-15-2016, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
                        Drive the pacific coast hwy and go to San Jose and do the tour at the Winchester mansion. And call Bill! He gave me a ton of things to go look at when I was there last year.

24 years and I've only gone to the museum to see the gun collection, never the tour. I'll let BigL describe Santa Row across the street. The Yardarm has 100 different beers on tap.

Comment

A must see for you is Mitchell Brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                            Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair. You're going to meet some gentle people there.
                            Scott McKenzie sees what you did there.

Comment

I've been a couple of times. The drive down PCH was fun. The last time I was there, the best part of the trip was the 3 hour drive out to Yosemite and a weekend stay in the tent cabins. Day hikes up to Vernal falls, etc were a blast. Did some fishing in the Merced river as well. The Yosemite Valley in general is a fun place to be in the evenings.

Comment

ok, so I am assuming most people who have gone have rented cars? Is parking charged everywhere or just hotels. Staying at the Argonaut Hotel.

Comment

Working...
                                X