Oklahoma's "All About U" Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma's "All About U" Ranch

I just got back from our 1-Day hog hunt from the "All About U" ranch. This ranch is loacted just east of Pauls Valley, Ok and about an hour north of the Red River. Four of us ended up going after five others from the Oklahoma Bowhunter.com backed out for different reasons. We had a great time.

Saturday evening we hunted stands along the Arbuckle mountains. This was 35 miles south of our cabins. This place has 11,000 acres of free range hog and whitetail hunting. Nothing came in to my stand but the other guys at least saw hogs even though no one got a shot that evening.

The next morning the guides, Tyler and Wes both in their early 20's and dediciated hunters, took us on spot and stalk a few miles south of the cabins. Four hunters and four pigs killed. Brandons first ever bow hunt for hogs and he ends up sticking a 264lb hog with long hair on it's neck and back. I think it had alot of Russian in it. My boar weighed in at 220lbs. Carey & Therons hogs were over the 100lb mark. I would certainly recommend this place to you guys, especially the ones who like free range hunts.

I'll get some video up as soon as I get it edited and I'll try to get you some more details on our hunt.

checking......

hmmm? Pig Pigs!
    What an non-resident license cost or do you need one for hogs?
    Last edited by no1hogkiller; 04-06-2008, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Your welcome to check out Oklahomas Fish & Game website at http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/ but my out-of-state buddies who haved hunted private ranchs in Oklahoma have not been advised to purchase them.

Comment

Check that website out! Ha! Thats a Hampshire and Poland China in those pictures! I have bought alot of show pigs in Pauls Valley and now I know what happens to the culls! Ha! All Domestic Pigs!

Comment

No license needed for pigs in Okiehoma.

Comment

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
            Check that website out! Ha! Thats a Hampshire and Poland China in those pictures! I have bought alot of show pigs in Pauls Valley and now I know what happens to the culls! Ha! All Domestic Pigs!
            You are right but look at the rest of the photos looks like 100% feral hogs for the most part long snouts & teefers

Comment

Originally posted by no1hogkiller View Post
              checking......

hmmm? Pig Pigs!
              What an non-resident license cost or do you need one for hogs?
              No license needed for pigs. Non-game animal.

Comment

Sounds like its close or may be the ace fletcher ranch. spent some time there gathering cattle. Looks like they put pea gravel in grain drills .and then it rained and they grew. my pony did not like ,and my bow was at home.

Comment

Awesome hunting guys! Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
                    Why would you want to go rainin on this guys parade? It's not classy to downgrade someone's hunting adventure. I looked at the photos on the site and saw lots of wild hogs sht.

Congratulations, Oklahoma Kid!

Comment

arent feral hogs just domestics turned wild.....our place north of abilene has a lot of hamps on it....lot of russian looking hogs and just about any color combination known to man....for some reason i always like the poka dotted ones and the hamps when i get pick of the litter with the 22-250 or 7mm....with the bow i just like the one closest to the end of my stick

Comment

Originally posted by flufster View Post
                        arent feral hogs just domestics turned wild.....our place north of abilene has a lot of hamps on it....lot of russian looking hogs and just about any color combination known to man....for some reason i always like the poka dotted ones and the hamps when i get pick of the litter with the 22-250 or 7mm....with the bow i just like the one closest to the end of my stick

Where you be? We have hunted the last two years NW of Rule in Stonewall and Haskell Counties...ranch sold so we will be hunting 8 miles west of Stamford. You that far north?

Comment

a stones throw away....we are north of stamford real close to the lake in haskell county...next to the circle S (sanders)

Comment

Thanks guys. It was a fun hunt. Like most hog ranches, "All About U" has all kinds of hogs. Some of their hogs may have been domesticated at one time and others have never been fenced in. I would imagine that there are probably some crossed between the two. But, from what I saw, all are a challenge to hunt. This as not a fenced hunt as all of the hogs are free range. I believe they said the hunting area covers about 10,000 acres.

BowSafari located near Colgate, Ok is a 1200+ acre fenced hunt. They have many exotics as well as hogs. Their hogs also include previously domesticated hogs as well as some that are as wild as they come. I actually passed on one big hog that I thought might have been previously domesticated. A buddy put an arrow in the same hog a few minutes later and got charged. This hog was mean. Fortunatly, another friend dropped him before damage was done. I would think that any hog loose in the wild could turn rank.

One thing for sure. Neither of these outfitters had hogs to pet. They were very elusive.

Comment

congrats on the hunt! a pig is a pig! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X