Brushy Hill 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brushy Hill 2016-2017

Who all has been so far and when are you going this upcoming season?
    I'll prob go again either late December or January depending on weather and how our season in Brady goes rest of the yr.

I was also hoping someone would give any info. or updates on what the ranch looked like, and what they saw. Partner and I are hunting the Kreagor pasture middle of November.

Comment

going on my first trip to brushy hill ranch the wk of thankgiving. will be new to this place and would like some info

Comment

Best advise is to do a search in it and read everything well. Natural blinds, no scents/food/attractants that aren't natural to the area and light plain corn. Go in quiet, and try not to change much. Play the wind best as possible.
        I'm gonna try and wait till they get a couple freezes and some cold weather. Hopefully it gets there, it never did last yr and it showed.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

My advice is to hunt all day if you can. I put out a camera and had a picture of a 140 class ten point eating my hand corn at 1pm on a 80 degree day.

Comment

dang okay hoping the weather will cool off a little before we go nov. 20-23
              will luck with rattling or grunt calls??

Comment

Light rattling yes but best to do in pairs because if they are coming in hard its almost impossible to put your antlers down and get a shot

Comment

Tough hunting at brushy hill however 44 mag did have a nice buck come out mid day. If could do it again, I would brush in my own blind and hunt mid day. good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by dvinson View Post
                    I was also hoping someone would give any info. or updates on what the ranch looked like, and what they saw. Partner and I are hunting the Kreagor pasture middle of November.
                    Hunted there 2 seasons ago. Seen a lot of deer and had deer in range for hours each hunt. I opted for Nick to make a setup for me due to my lack of knowledge about the place. Had 2 bucks come in that were old enough to shoot. 1 was a scrap cull and the other was a 120ish 8pt. My advice is light hand corn spread thin. I took handfuls and threw them so it was spread out good. I corned before each hunt. Luckily hogs didn't take over my area. Biggest thing that made them jumpy was noise. Especially fabric crinkling noise. Jackets rubbing against itself, jackets rubbing on a chair, etc. I made sure to wear extra thermals and a hoodie rather than the jacket I took bc they are more quiet. If you do your own setup, you better brush it in better than good. I thought i knew what brushing in a blind was until I went there and learned from a guy that has had success multiple times there. That said, I did have deer at my brushed in blind that I setup, just not near the same amount.

Comment

thanks for the good info!!

Comment

Originally posted by burks57 View Post
                        thanks for the good info!!
                        Let me know how it goes or post some pics..

Comment

Some friends and I will be deer hunting at Brushy Hill for the first time in January. Late in the season I know but it was the only thing we could setup considering our work schedule. Ive seen a lot of emphasis on brushing in your blind. Does anyone have a picture of good brushed in blind as an example? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

Brushy Hill 2016-2017

These pics are from Nicks article in TBH magazines a few years back. All I can say is make it as natural as the surrounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by DWS; 11-17-2016, 09:34 PM.

Comment

I just went last week!!! I saw plenty

Comment

Working...
                              X