No announcement yet.

Migraines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maxalt worked for me as well. I decided to see a chiropractor for a back issue about 3 years ago. She noticed my neck didn't have a curve like normal. Long story short she put a curve back in my neck relieving stress on my neck and I havent had one in 3 years.

Comment

Make sure you are drinking enough water. I had them for a while, and they went away when I started drinking water throughout the day. I used to have them real bad earlier in my life, and I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy; it felt like someone driving a nail behind both my eyeballs.

A cold wet rag on my forehead sometimes helped with the pain, but the sensitivity to light was really tough.

Comment

My wife suffered from migraines after her stroke and was prescribed botox micro-injections. She went quarterly and had 30-50 small injections in her scalp and the results were great. After about two years she tapered off the injections and has been fine since. Insurance coverage for this can be a pain and if they don't cover it the medical grade botox can be very expensive. This procedure was done by a neurologist, not a plastic surgeon. They also had her try taking Benadryl and Reglan together which worked reasonably well.

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
          Does anybody deal with them? Not talking a headache, more of lose vision, light and noise kills you, constant vomiting, head hurting so bad you almost want to end it. I have them and they are terrible, just seeing if anybody else does and what do you do to help them, or if there is any medications to help.
          I had one that lasted for 5 months. Three MRIs, an Infusion, physical therapy and diet changes. They couldn't figure out what was causing them. Went away on it's own after five months. It was absolutely horrible. I went to bed hurting and woke up hurting. Very dark place. They were planning Botox injections when it went away. I understand your statements exactly. It was the worse time of my life.

Comment

Dr. told me to quite drinking dark soda and they went away

Comment

Phoenix tears or similar is a very effective treatment of migraines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a dr tell me once that mercury fillings in my teeth might be the reason. Had them removed and so far no more head crushers

Comment

Not sure what you call mine, but it’s 24/7. Just sometimes it’s spikes. Like a ice cream brain freeze. Iam on nortriptilin (sp). But I seriously don’t think it helps. I know what you mean about ending it, sucks that it won’t leave. Never had it until after a dentist visit, three years ago. Now can’t rid of it.

Comment

Imitrex is what I take for them. Always have one with me.

Comment

I’ll usually have between 2 to 8 per month. The Imitrex (sumatriptan) works on them 90-95% of the time. Has a hard time working if I wake up in the middle of the night with a full blown migraine. Doc has recently started me on Topomax as a preventative, jury is still out on it as I’ve only been on it a month. Definitely don’t walk out the door without my Imitrex. Good luck and best wishes on figuring out a treatment plan, it can get frustrating until they find the right med. Hang in there.

Comment

I feel for yall. I had my first migrain just before Halloween. I was miserable fore a few hours until I threw up 5 times...then I started to feel better.

Comment

I suffered for 17 years with migraines... loaded up on Topamax for 16 of those years. Finally, someone recommended I see a naturopathic doctor. Made an appointment, did a serious of testing and she told me it was sugar. I cut processed sugar out of my diet and followed her regimen.... NO MORE MIGRAINES! 16 years of daily medication and it’s all over. Something in your body is causing is, you just need to find out what. I’ve had 6 neurologist in 17 years.... they don’t want to diagnose you and fix you, they just need you coming back and spending money in meds. Good Luck, hope it gets better.

Comment

Eat green apples and they will disappear.

Comment

My sister had 2 to 3 a month. She would be in horrible pain. She was at the dentist and he moved her jaw to get a better view and said her left jaw joint was not right. He said he was surprised she didn't have migraines. She told him she did and he set her up to get it fixed and she hasn't had another one since.

Comment

Have them now and for the last 35 years. Have taken numerous medications over the years. They all seem to quit working after a while. Right now it’s maxault. I’ve learned what foods and drinks trigger them but they still come often. I have a headache everyday of my life. Just learned to manage them and hope it doesn’t trigger a migraine. I should own stock in excedrin as many as I take daily

Comment

Working...
                                X