No announcement yet.

TBH Sam Rayburn Crappie weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terry here for those who know me that way, if not by screen name. I had a great time meeting all the new faces. This is the first event I have attended, and won't be the last. My Dad had a great time as well, and will be back next year for another excuse for an annual trip. We didn't catch a lot of fish, but we didn't get skunk'd either. New electronics and new Lake - that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Met a great bunch of guys - can't remember everyone's name but here are a few standouts:

Slew - Dude you should be on Blue Collar Comedy Tour. You are hilarious and I learned a bunch from your seminar. Friday night SI lesson under the tent was awesome. Big Thanks!!! Plan to continue Crappie hunting here at home on Lake Conroe, and honing my DI/SI skills with the new electronics.

Buff - you are the Crappie king. Love that new boat, with all the toys attached.

Keith, Jared, and Brandon - true gentlemen all around. Beautiful Prodigy boat - that thing is sharp! Look forward to chasing some Reds if you ever need a buddy.

Rick - enjoyed swapping stories Friday night under the tent.

As for the rest of you, I am lousy with names, and it's never going to get any better. Just know that it was a pleasure meeting you all and look forward to the next get-together, wherever it may be.

Terry C.
    Ray C. (from California)

Comment

I don't remember if we met or not Terry. I was one of the ugly dudes cooking Burgers on Friday night. I had a blast as well and I'm already looking forward to next year.

Comment

Chew, I don't think we met officially, but I did get a burger - or 2 - from you. Those were the best dang'd burgers I have ever eaten. Fallow or not, they were awesome. Now I need to book a Fallow hunt! Thanks a lot! LOL

Comment

Well it was good to almost meet you then LOL.

Comment

I had several people ask for the recipe for the smoked fish dip on Friday night. The trouble is, I don't really have a recipe just watched my Dad make it for 30 years. And, I just ad lib each batch I make now with the seasonings, the brine is the same each time.

I will make another batch soon and actually measure out ingredients and amount of fish, then I will post it. Sure, was nice to get to met a lot of very nice folks from here, looking forward to another one.

Comment

We need name tags for next year. And some volunteers to cook. I don’t mind cooking, but I ended up not getting to chat much unless you came by my fryer or grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes. It was great to meet all of you!

Comment

I will try to make it next year. Yall sho looks to had some fun!

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                    We need name tags for next year. And some volunteers to cook. I don’t mind cooking, but I ended up not getting to chat much unless you came by my fryer or grill.

Name tags would be great! I woulda kept cooking fish but then I woulda ran out of time to do a crappie seminar! Felt bad I didn't get it done Friday eve. Got dark by the time we were done eating and no lights there! Woulda been more useful info earlier in the week but I guess better late than not at all! Thanks to Josh Spain with Bonehead tackle for hooking up the kiddos!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                      Name tags would be great! I woulda kept cooking fish but then I woulda ran out of time to do a crappie seminar! Felt bad I didn't get it done Friday eve. Got dark by the time we were done eating and no lights there! Woulda been more useful info earlier in the week but I guess better late than not at all! Thanks to Josh Spain with Bonehead tackle for hooking up the kiddos!

Yessir. That’s was mighty nice of him to do that.

Comment

Just a thought on name tags: I keep mine from Nanza ever year. But mask-n tape and a Sharpie will work also.

Comment

Is it next year yet? Maybe we need a winter trip when they are stacked up down deep. Camp fire time

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            Is it next year yet? Maybe we need a winter trip when they are stacked up down deep. Camp fire time

Pines or Sandlin in winter. I fish year round! No difference to me!! Spring is my least favorite time to crappie fish honestly. Summertime they're in a pattern for several months. Winter find the shad catch the crappie!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              Pines or Sandlin in winter. I fish year round! No difference to me!! Spring is my least favorite time to crappie fish honestly. Summertime they're in a pattern for several months. Winter find the shad catch the crappie!!

Pines is beautiful and there's some cabins around there. Sounds like a plan.
                              Last edited by Chew; 06-04-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post

My only question for you is...............

Did you go buy a couple batteries for that trolling motor remote?

Comment

Working...
                                X