No rain, no planting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No rain, no planting

We aint had no measuring rainfall in a few months now, aint even any in the forecast. I got 600 pounds of seed sitting in the barn, just waiting. My plans was to plant next weekend but I aint so sure now.

I figured most of y'all north of IH10 have planted by now, just wondering how many south of it has planted? I have some friends that is planting now and praying for some rain and no army worms.

We're south of you in Bee County and never plant till the end of October. Some years it's the end of November before we sart getting enough moisture and cooler temps. Last year it was December 6. We used to plant mid October no matter what but we've lost a lot of plots due to them germinating and getting burned up by the heat.

Comment

No rain yet in smiley. Too dry to even scratch the ground. Hope this northern brings some moisture so I can plant because my cows are starving.

Comment

I planted in Atascosa county by Campbellton opening weekend of dove season. That was dumb. This is only my second year planting so I make stupid mistakes. Two of our plots are irrigated (spigot in the middle with a splitter and two hoses with two sprinkler heads) and I can’t even keep them from burning up. They are just a half acre each. I’m no farmer.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
          No rain yet in smiley. Too dry to even scratch the ground. Hope this northern brings some moisture so I can plant because my cows are starving.
          I'm near Pandora, and its bad dry. I been worrying about some of the fools that live near by that are still burning their trash too.

Comment

I planted this past week. We haven’t seen a drop of rain in almost 3 months. Saw a chance for today so put everything out. Got a good bit of rain last night and looks like more coming. Forecast shows good chance in the next few days ahead as well. See what happens

Comment

I planted last week as well

Oats,rye,crimson clover,arrowleaf clover

bill

Comment

Rain came through early this morning so I got up at 6 and hit it lightly with the disk while it was still misting. Was able to get seed in ground and covered. Starting to rain again. It took 2 hrs but maybe it'll work

Comment

We got 2" last week in Mills county. We were one of the lucky ones that had that rain cloud sit on top of us. Going to plant next weekend. Its not looking good on the rain chances though looking forward

Comment

Hasn't rained in 2 months here also. I got everything disked up and it was like a sandstone haha. Extreme drought.

We got like 1/10 of an inch today, enough to knock the dust off and thats it. Grain driling in the morning. Looks like good chances all next week

Comment

I live in east texas and it hasnt rained at my house a measurable amount since july. And in july I think we got maybe a .5in total.

It just rained last night and today on our place finally. It had rained all around us these last few weeks but not at our place.

I plan to plant a few acres this weekend just to give the pigs and deer something to munch on.

Comment

It’s been too wet for me to plant. Lol

Comment

We replanted two plots Wednesday and I replanted two this morning. I think army worms got the two at our lease, but the heat got these here at home. We got nearly 3/4” last night and just as I got through with the planting this morning it started again. Still raining but pretty lightly. I have more to do tomorrow. **** crazy Al Gore weather !

Comment

We won’t plant until the end of October and that’s only if we get some rain. Army worms are eating up everything green in my neck of the woods....and will be until the beginning of November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Planted on September 25 and got 1” of rain yesterday. Forecast is for more rain next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X