Picked up new truck and trailer today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up new truck and trailer today.

I’m pretty excited about this. I know it’s just a truck and trailer, but it’s the foundation of my new business. The truck is an ‘19 F350 Powerstroke. The trailer is a 25ft Gooseneck from East Texas Trailers with (2) 10K pound Dexter axles and the monster ramps on back of the dovetail that creates an extra 5ft of useable platform when folded up. Tomorrow I’m driving down to Irving to pick up my new CAT 299D2 XHP with the Forestry/Land management package and a CAT HM415 high flow mulcher head. I’m so pumped about it I prolly won’t sleep tonight.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Trevor73402; 07-17-2019, 08:41 PM.

This is the machine.
    Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations this is what I’d love to do also! Lots of money invested there.

Comment

NOICE!!!! Looks like a lot of fun(and a lot of work).

Comment

Congratulations and good luck

Comment

awesome. Bet them fraud detection systems were pinging you today.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              Congratulations this is what I’d love to do also! Lots of money invested there.
              Thank you.
              It is a lot of money and it scares me jumping in so deep, but I have a pretty strong business plan and somewhat of a safety net, atleast for a while. I hope that I can one day be 100% self employed.

Comment

Looks to me like the only thing that you didn’t get were dual rear wheels... That’s some nice tools you bought there. Drive safe.

Comment

That'll be a good looking rig going down the road. Good luck with the business.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                    Looks to me like the only thing that you didn’t get were dual rear wheels... That’s some nice tools you bought there. Drive safe.
                    I’ve owned many Super Duty trucks, but never a dually. I think I’d prolly be pretty hard on those extra wide fenders. They prolly wouldn’t last long. I did give a lot of thought to getting a dually this time, but I couldn’t take the leap.

Comment

Good luck! We love our cat machines!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                        Good luck! We love our cat machines!
                        Thank you. I hope mine performs as well as everyone says they do.

Comment

About 13 years ago I did the same thing. New Dodge 1 ton, gooseneck trailer and then drove to Holt Cat in Ft. Worth and picked up a new backhoe. Spent about $175K in a couple of days and was just hoping it all paid for itself. I was nervous.

Good luck in your new adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                              About 13 years ago I did the same thing. New Dodge 1 ton, gooseneck trailer and then drove to Holt Cat in Ft. Worth and picked up a new backhoe. Spent about $175K in a couple of days and was just hoping it all paid for itself. I was nervous.

Good luck in your new adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Please tell me it worked out well for you in the end?

Comment

Working...
                              X