Happy Eve at the Hogboy Hilton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Eve at the Hogboy Hilton

Took a break from a small remodel at the house to join Leonhogboy out at he Hilton for a Friday evening hunt. Had to run to the wheeler shop to pick up my SxS and double back to the farm arriving at 2:50pm. Unloaded the machine and 12 bags of corn then got changed over to my camo gear. Gary and I set out about 3:30pm wishing each other good luck as I headed up the middle cut to Deb's stand. Strategically poured out my mix of hand corn and BB2, clipped off my bow, climbed up into my perch for the evening, clipped in my safety harness, pulled up my bow, nocked a Easton Axxis coupled with a very sharp Viper Trick and settled into decompression mode/nap time. Feeder is set to go off at 4:30 so the alarm clock was set. Well the alarm goes off so I look around to make sure there aren't any deer around before I stand up and stretch from my nap. Feeling refreshed I grab my bow, double check everything and sit back down ready for whatever the comes into the golden nuggets laying on the ground. 4:40ish a scraggly 7pt comes strolling in from my left then the banjo twang of the fence alerts me to the 3 deer parade coming to the party. Taking up the rear is a nice nanny doe. She stops about 35yds out to my left by the protein feeder, scent checks then heads to the corn. I'm already hooked up and draw as she passes behind a tree. As she clears the tree I settle my 20yd pin on the back of her shoulder as she stops at10yds from my tree slightly quartering to. I (FOR A CHANGE) smoothly squeeze the release sending my arrow though the leading right shoulder, through the heart and out the left armpit pocket. She jumped, wheeled left and went 10yds piling up just on the other side of the trail. NTR! I've had many misses this year due to bad mechanics and have since remedied those faults. I am truly thankful for the kindness, friendship and hospitality Gary and Syl have blessed me with. Great folks. Thank you Deb and Ronnie for watching over us and keeping us safe to carry on your graces. Thanks ya'll for taking the time to read. Happy Holidays to all TBH'ers and their families.
    Attached Files

Ldp

OK getting a file error on my LDP pic. Will try again in a minute

Comment

Congrats on the doe. Pics look fine.

Comment

Full LDP won't load. Arrrrrggggggggggggg!

Comment

Oh well had to post the LDP on FB

Comment

Congratulations! Link for the LDP on FB?

Todd

Comment

Good shooting on that big ole doe Ben, congrats again.

Comment

HogBoy Hilton

Congrats on the Big Ole Girl Ben, like to see the whole deer. The Hilton is a great place and Gary is... (insert pic). A Great Host to entertain and shed blood with.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Congrats on the Nanny!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Nice shootin

Comment

Congrats, Ben! Tell Gary I said Hi, and I hope y'all had a Merry Christmas!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                          X