Deer Processor Austin Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Processor Austin Area

Where is a good place to get a deer processed in the South Austin/Kyle/San Marcos Area? I have used Hudson's in the past, with no real complaints, but i want to try a place this year that actually uses my own meat, and does not mix it with others for sausage making.

Has anyone ever used Johnny G's Meat Market for deer processing?

Thanks!
    Last edited by 44mAG; 10-01-2018, 10:47 AM.

Following

Comment

bon ton in uhland just east of Kyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhnter01 View Post
        bon ton in uhland just east of Kyle.

Good experience with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Granzin's in New Braunfels

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
            Good experience with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I just had some Rib eye's from there Saturday night. Best beef you'll find but I've had a little of everything done there with some deer a couple times and think you could do better. I wouldn't leave Hudson's for them. Just my .02.

Comment

Where is a good place to get a deer processed in the South Austin/Kyle/San Marcos Area? I have used Hudson's in the past, with no real complaints, but i want to try a place this year that actually uses my own meat, and does not mix it with others for sausage making.

Has anyone ever used Johnny G's Meat Market for deer processing?

Thanks!
              Johnny G's used to be pretty good but haven't used them in years. I went from them to Hudson's.

Comment

Not in the exact area but I had a good experience with Klein’s meats in Pflugerville a few years ago. (512) 251-3300

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                  Granzin's in New Braunfels
                  Gets my vote too! Great quality and fair prices.

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
                    I just had some Rib eye's from there Saturday night. Best beef you'll find but I've had a little of everything done there with some deer a couple times and think you could do better. I wouldn't leave Hudson's for them. Just my .02.
                    I don't mind Hudson's and they definitely pass in the taste department. It just that I take pride in how I clean and handle my deer after the shot, and don't really like knowing that it just gets thrown in the pile. I have on numerous occasions found hair in my sausage that I get from them. Last year when turning in my deer, a guy had a cooler full of meat that was all blown to hell and with stomach matter all over it. They accepted it no problem. I guess I don't trust that they actually thoroughly clean or throw away stuff like that.

Comment

Johnny Gs on S Manchaca Rd

Comment

Heck yeah that's all Ive used for the past 8 years. Johnny Gs Meat Market ask for Grover

Comment

Be prepared to 'pay up' if you go to Hudsons on south congress

Comment

I don't mind Hudson's and they definitely pass in the taste department. It just that I take pride in how I clean and handle my deer after the shot, and don't really like knowing that it just gets thrown in the pile. I have on numerous occasions found hair in my sausage that I get from them. Last year when turning in my deer, a guy had a cooler full of meat that was all blown to hell and with stomach matter all over it. They accepted it no problem. I guess I don't trust that they actually thoroughly clean or throw away stuff like that.
                            I understand completely. I haven't had that experience with them so far.

Comment

If I was going to go to a processor in Austin, I'd go to Johnny G's. I've eaten plenty of great venison and elk since the 80's from that shop and it has all tasted very good. They also sell really good beef rib-eyes, both plain and seasoned.

I process my own kills, though. I'll post a live processing thread tomorrow night when Blubeer stops by with his doe from Sunday morning so you can see how easy it is. Although he's a long-time hunter, this is his first bow kill and will be his first home processing job.

Comment

Working...
                              X