Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New water well price - does this seem correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New water well price - does this seem correct?

Got this estimate for a water well...Does this seem bout right ? Curious if it is low/high...or average.
    Attached Files

I am not in the Hill Country but I had one drilled last year 410 feet. Cost me a little over $10,000.

-john

Comment

Drilled one in oatmeal ( rocky as hell) a few years ago 600ft with a 2500 gal holding tank. Between 15-16k if I remember correctly.

Comment

Right at what I paid. Depth is within 10 feet of mine. Between Bertram and burnet.

Comment

Seems about right for the area.

Comment

After seeing yours I’m glad mine was only right at 6k for everything. Granted we only had to go 50 to water and total depth of 177.

Comment

Just bought that pump and that is a extremely high price I know he needs to make money but he is not going to pull the pump for free and replace if it fails will he ? I paid right at 1000 for that pump .

again twice cost of the protection for pump.. You might want to ask him if you can supply the a few things or lower his price in the real world .

I own a small business yes we have to make money but not that way ,

pump wire 500 feet 10/3 with ground from Home depot 550 online like amazon 450 for 500 feet .

tank is at least 100-150 over retail as well . Might not seem like much but there is way too much padded into that build .

You might want to look into this . have him punch the hole , you buy pump wire and hose drop it your self have a guy wire it . This product is used for wells all the time

http://hosesolutions.com/flexible-drop-pipe/ You will have to call for that depth .

Just saying if you want to reduce the cost ask the guy , prices on products are over the top if you ask me . But just my opinion
              Last edited by HDWRENCH; 09-06-2018, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Had one drilled 2 years ago to 768ft for 17k. Leon County

Comment

at my house I have a 3 HP pump...probably do the same again.

this is not at my house, this is a quote from a drilling firm for some land we are looking at in Burnet county. I haven't looked at water well prices in eons... some of the things I thought were a bit high, some I did not know.

thanx for the replies folks.

Comment

A well in Salado is $30k

Comment

Probably so for that area. It would be half that in East Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                        Probably so for that area. It would be half that in East Texas.
                        $19k-$21k in Athens are. Neighbors had 2 done last year. I went to get one and said heck no after finding out price!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                          $19k-$21k in Athens are. Neighbors had 2 done last year. I went to get one and said heck no after finding out price!
                          That's crazy. They are only 6-7k down here. My sister just had one done and it was a 4" well.

Comment

If they drill a 6” hole its not legal. But tons of them do
                            They drill 8” the top 20 ft so it looks right

He has 8”&6” on the quote
                            Ur bore diameter has to be 3” larger than casing size

Comment

looks like a quote I got 3 yrs ago in j wells cnty looks fair

Comment

Working...
                              X