Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)

Old 11-06-2018, 12:57 PM   #1
TexasBob
Pope & Young

Default Savage acutrigger issue

Never owned a savage before. Trigger, well the acutrigger Center bar, would not budge like it was on safe. Happens 5-7 times in 20 rounds. It always first new round and not always after taking the bolt out. Would always eventually reset and work just fine. Pretty irritating though. Anyone know why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 01:20 PM   #2
DuramaxDude
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tom Green Co., Motley Co., Oldham Co., and any other place I get a chance to.

I have a few savages and messed with a few others. I have ran into that issue with the center bar being stiff. It was not resetting because it was making contact within the stock. I hade bedded the rifles and take some material out and the trigger mechanism was making contact in the backward most part. You may have the back action screw to tight or if you have the trigger set pretty light you may have the sear releasing and the center bar or accurelease isn't depressed all the way yet.

http://dougsmessageboards.proboards....ed-accutrigger
DuramaxDude is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 03:35 PM   #3
SOLID EAGLE
Ten Point

Hunt In: Medina County

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuramaxDude View Post
I have a few savages and messed with a few others. I have ran into that issue with the center bar being stiff. It was not resetting because it was making contact within the stock. I hade bedded the rifles and take some material out and the trigger mechanism was making contact in the backward most part. You may have the back action screw to tight or if you have the trigger set pretty light you may have the sear releasing and the center bar or accurelease isn't depressed all the way yet.

http://dougsmessageboards.proboards....ed-accutrigger
I think this is correct. I had the same problem with one of mine. I put it in a different stock and the problem went away.
SOLID EAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 03:37 PM   #4
TexasBob
Pope & Young

New stock isn't an option- its a stealth in the chasis. I did read the trigger may be set too light, but it is factory untouched so that didn't seem too likely. Difficult to repeat is the extra irritating bit. Thanks for the ideas.
TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 05:13 PM   #5
DuramaxDude
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tom Green Co., Motley Co., Oldham Co., and any other place I get a chance to.

[QUOTE=TexasBob;13764341]New stock isn't an option- its a stealth in the chasis. I did read the trigger may be set too light, but it is factory untouched so that didn't seem too likely. Difficult to repeat is the extra irritating bit. Thanks for the ideas.[/QUO

How tight are the action screws?
DuramaxDude is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 06:21 PM   #6
Scoobyh
Eight Point

On the Accutrigger if it’s set to light it won’t reset. I agree with DuramaxDude, sounds like it’s making slight contact or it’s over torqued on the screws.
Scoobyh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 09:36 PM   #7
Bowyer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas & Oklahoma

I saw this happen when a friend showed up on a prairie dog hunt with a Savage/accu trigger. Turned out he had adjusted the trigger too light and it would only reset sometimes.
Try increasing the trigger pull weight a tiny bit.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Bowyer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top