New start up business :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    You’re a braver man than me. I’ve stayed as far away from Austin as I could. Money to be made there, but **** if I can deal with the trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't know if brave is the proper adjective

Comment

Originally posted by thorn4570 View Post
      Man I don’t usually send videos but I am. I am a teacher and show this in class. I found it when I first started teaching and I hated it. I love it now and don’t wnna do anything lease. The video is only about 2 minutes but will last in your head forever.

https://youtu.be/UNQhuFL6CWg
      That is a GREAT video!

Comment

Hang in there Roger Texoma is only a few weeks away.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbZX225 View Post
          Hang in there Roger Texoma is only a few weeks away.
          About the only thing I can catch here lately is a cold, been doing a fine job of that.

Comment

Happens to me with driveway sealing. Never got there on time because our supplies were never where they were supposed to be. Home Depot running out of runway grade sealer etc. A mess.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
              You should get his bass hot spots, he got second in Texas Team Trail last year.
              Yea right behind Adam, I can't even beat him in a boat race

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                Yea right behind Adam, I can't even beat him in a boat race

New boat is faster.

Comment

You’re a braver man than me. I’ve stayed as far away from Austin as I could. Money to be made there, but **** if I can deal with the trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Its actually pretty good area to work. City sucks to work with but every city does. The workforce is hard to beat. DFW area was the worst construction workforce I've dealt with by far.

Comment

From my experience in the construction industry, all contractors make mistakes. It's all about how they make good on it and improve the job/relationship going forward. I've seen companies try to preserve a profit margin on a bad job and end up putting the burden on the customer only to never earn work from them again. Any good business knows its not a short game and that customer service always pays off.

Good luck in your endeavors!

Comment

Originally posted by thorn4570 View Post
                      Man I don’t usually send videos but I am. I am a teacher and show this in class. I found it when I first started teaching and I hated it. I love it now and don’t wnna do anything lease. The video is only about 2 minutes but will last in your head forever.

https://youtu.be/UNQhuFL6CWg
                      That’s a great video. I’ve seen it before, and still like it.

Comment

Happy to report that Friday and Saturday went much better than Thursday, lets see what happens Monday, thanks guys.

Comment

Happy to report that Friday and Saturday went much better than Thursday, lets see what happens Monday, thanks guys.
                          Glad the weekend went well, Roger. We've had so much rain in the Houston area, that scheduling pumps and concrete is a rodeo in itself. It can be tough on any job, but you throw in 24 months of bad weather patterns and it'll make you wish you'd gone to medical school.

Comment

Glad the weekend went well, Roger. We've had so much rain in the Houston area, that scheduling pumps and concrete is a rodeo in itself. It can be tough on any job, but you throw in 24 months of bad weather patterns and it'll make you wish you'd gone to medical school.

Proctologist?

Comment

Boy did we get egg all over our faces yesterday in Austin. It was our first day to start delivering concrete, for starters our aggregates were supposed to be delivered Wed afternoon, they did not show up until Thurs morning around 8 a m, we were supposed to be on the job by 9 a m, that did not happen, we were 2 hours late. Then right off the bat we plug the pump, we had over two hundred feet of line out, it was a huge mess, took a couple of hours to get all that taken care of, we finally got 28 yards on the ground after 7 hours, it was a total train wreck, very embarrassing, part of the problem was the pump operator. Today has gone ok so far but the day is not over, keeping fingers crossed, hey if it was easy everyone would do it, right ?
                              Rough start but keep at! First thing tomorrow morning, play this. Crank it up loud. Grit your teeth and smile at the heavy load in front of you.

Every time I listen to this it makes me want to do something I know I might fail at just so I can pick myself up and charge back into it.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                                Proctologist?
                                Deal with lots of Arseholes either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X