• Show
Clear All

ball

Originally posted by glen View Post
    Jr. just looked.
    Georgetown tourney
    Brenham
    Highland Park

Kid threw last night- did OK. Front hip was flying open and dropped his velo from last two outings. I know he didn’t like it because he has been 90-91 and last night he was 87-88. Had to pitch and deal with some adversity. He did not get flustered and stayed composed. I know he is upset but to me he showed me things last night that showed he has made some major jumps.
    We play Weatherford/Aledo tourney, KISD tourney, Manor Tourney.
    He's a lefty correct? Has he gotten any looks? That kinda velocity should get him playing somewhere at the next level! Sounds like he's learned to make adjustments on his own, and knowing himself what the problem is, is half the battle. Sounds like he could have a great season!

Comment

He is a right hand pitcher. He has a few doors opened for him later. It is gonna be a fun season to watch

good luck everyone

Comment

I have a varsity sophomore at Coram Deo Academy. He's looking to start at SS or CF.

Our first tourney will be the Texas Private School Classic in the DFW area Feb 15th.

He plays summer ball with Dallas Nationals.

Comment

He is a right hand pitcher. He has a few doors opened for him later. It is gonna be a fun season to watch

good luck everyone
          What schools are looking at him? 2020 grad?

At 6'7" and sitting near 90 he must be getting plenty of attention!

Comment

good luck everyone
            I’m curious Glen what type of pitches are these kids taught now days. It’s been awhile for me but we focused on split finger, running fastball, off speed as curve or slider and our coaches had us throwing corner pitches depending on the hitter and his position around the plate

Comment

Kids throw what they can throw effectively. Most throw fastballs, change-up, and some sort of breaking pitch ( curve or slider). My kid has wo good pitches he rides with is a 4 seam and splitter. He works in a slider but needs to develop more confidence in it and he is working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by huntingjunkie View Post
                Tall left handed pitcher? I’ve seen him but don’t recall name. My oldest is a left handed pitcher at OSU now.
                Yessir, that's him.

Comment

Well sat through 9 games in last 3 days. Georgetown played well. Also watched a few teams I wanted to see a few kids play. My kid threw 5 innings against Lubbock Friday and lived through a 3 error 2 run inning. Only 2 he gave up and enjoyed watching him climb out of a hole.

Play in Brenham tourney this weekend

Comment

Glen, we’ll be playing at GTHS this coming Friday and Saturday

Comment

I got to catch a game between Whitehouse & Bullard yesterday. Tournament game and WH won 2-1. Bullard has a hard throwing lefty headed to OSU. Clocked him at 88 yesterday but has topped out at 93. He only gave up 1 hit in 5 innings. Good game with some nice baseball weather

Comment

Hogg if he is 93 off the bump from the left side he probably ain’t headed to OSU. I imagine he will skip that. Not uncommon for lower velo on these young kids with colder weather and early season mechanics. I’d like to watch the kid throw

Comment

Hogg if he is 93 off the bump from the left side he probably ain’t headed to OSU. I imagine he will skip that. Not uncommon for lower velo on these young kids with colder weather and early season mechanics. I’d like to watch the kid throw
                          He signed with OSU back in Nov. I’ve seen him top out at 88. His stats say he’s hit 90 at PG events. He’s consistent in upper 80s. He’s 6-2 & 195. He consistently threw on the outer edge of the plate against our left side guys. He certainly gave WH fits at the plate. Probably had 8-10 Ks in 5

Comment

Georgetown has played some great baseball. Headed to Dallas to play the Scotland Yard Tourney. Looks like they are the only 5A and Argyle is the only 4A team in it. Georgetown plays 6 games and 5 are top 25- 6A teams. Sachse, Flower Mound, Keller, Dallas Jesuit, and Southlake. Boys should know how they stack up after this weekend. Wish I could go but gotta work SXSW. Gonna have to get updates from wife who knows little to nothing about baseball.

Comment

Came out today
                              Attached Files

Comment

Georgetown has played some great baseball. Headed to Dallas to play the Scotland Yard Tourney. Looks like they are the only 5A and Argyle is the only 4A team in it. Georgetown plays 6 games and 5 are top 25- 6A teams. Sachse, Flower Mound, Keller, Dallas Jesuit, and Southlake. Boys should know how they stack up after this weekend. Wish I could go but gotta work SXSW. Gonna have to get updates from wife who knows little to nothing about baseball.

Y’all don’t use game changer? You can follow it pitch by pitch if someone is entering it at the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X