X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good looking rifle and a great caliber!

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
      Got the call yesterday. This is the only pic I have so far. They tried to send more several times but my cell service isn’t great at home. 280 AI, 26” Muller sendero with ratchet fluting, Defiance Action, AG Composites stock, bedded, Jewell Trigger, Cerakoted graphite black. First custom rifle I have had and really excited to get it dialed in. APR did a great job answering all my questions and I had a bunch of them. I would recommend them to anyone wanting to build one.
      I have a 280 AI being built now. What ammo are you planning on shooting?

Comment

My favorite caliber. You'll be very happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1984 View Post
          I have a 280 AI being built now. What ammo are you planning on shooting?
          Used Nosler Trophy grade 140 Accubond today. The gun shoots very well with it. Going to hand load using that bullet. Not sure it’s necessary though. I have a feeling that this gun will shoot most ammo well.

Comment

N165 is THE powder for the 280ai...I'm shooting 120gr barnes at 3400

Comment

Awesomeness! I’m taking my newest APR on its maiden antelope hunt next week. They make some great weapons!

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                D, that thing is awesome! Which Swaro is on top?

Ah, I should’ve read more. Heck of a rig, Man.
                Thanks

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                Good looking rifle and a great caliber!
                Appreciate it.

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                My favorite caliber. You'll be very happy with it.
                Definitely happy with it. Very accurate.

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                Awesomeness! I’m taking my newest APR on its maiden antelope hunt next week. They make some great weapons!
                Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  N165 is THE powder for the 280ai...I'm shooting 120gr barnes at 3400
                  A good friend of mine will be doing the handloads. He has a 280AI also. Not sure what powder he’s been using but his loads are very accurate. Thanks for the info. I will ask him about it.
                  Last edited by dc1986; 08-07-2020, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Unless your tube is an outcast it will work...sorta like saying N133 won't group in my 6ppc.
                    Like they were made for each other & been shooting one since 1994.

Comment

Working...
                    X