Well, its time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck.
    I had it done last Sept. the Doc took several biopsy's felt like I had been kicked in the gut everything came back good though. but they want to repeat the procedure again this year I DON'T THINK SO

Comment

doctor is telling I'm due for one What if they find polyps, what is that like afterwards? Is there a return trip very soon?

Comment

I had to drink a gallon of kind of nasty stuff before mine. And boy I could not venture far from the toilet for a day and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
          doctor is telling I'm due for one What if they find polyps, what is that like afterwards? Is there a return trip very soon?
          They remove the polyps while they are in there and will probably want you back in 5 years. If they take out polyps it is no longer a test covered by insurance, but becomes a surgical procedure and you will have co-pays.

Comment

I had one polyp, that they removed while they were in there. Then they biopsied it, and told me it was a kind of polyp that can become cancerous, but wasn’t at the time. Then every five I have to go have another one. If they don’t find any I think its every eight or maybe ten years. Drinking that stuff, pooping and the embarrassment were the bad part.
            Walker typed faster then me.

Comment

I was 43 and at that time they used Moviprep and it certainly movied a lot.

Comment

Comment

Had my done at 43 as well. Did not enjoy the prep at all but enjoyed the nap.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                    Yup
                    Well, you doing okay after the ordeal?

Comment

Did mine Wednesday, the prep was the worst part!

Comment

Hope you got a clean bill of health.

Comment

When the last thing you feel before going off into LaLa land is the doctor's two hands on the back of your shoulders and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it... lOL [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

There are other testing options. If you are average risk or lower, check out Cologuard. You just pack your sheet in a box and mail it off. They test for cells that have DNA of cancer. No prep needed, just the urge to #2. Then if you have an issue, you can go the other route with the GI doctor for a full colonoscopy and remove of polyps.

Two thing can go wrong in a colonoscopy. The doctor can miss seeing the polyp and he can puncture you. It happens.

CologuardĀ® is a noninvasive at-home colon cancer screening test for adults 45+ at average risk. See risk info and talk to your provider. Rx only.

Comment

Working...
                            X