PayPal is a Joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal is a Joke

So back in January I sold a rifle on Gunbroker and listed Discreet Paypal as a payment option (my fault, yes I broke their rules 100%, and even tried to get around them by lying). Anyways, the guy paid via Paypal and put "Gunbroker Auction XYZ" in the comments on the payment.

Long story short I, actually ended up refunding his payment 100% and that's when Paypal caught the transaction and locked my account. I lied to them again and told them I refunded him because he used the wrong payment method and I don't accept Paypal for guns and they said they would reopen my account after they escalated the information to the reviewers but apparently the reviewers thought differently as they never did.

I had some funds left in the account when they locked it but they were put into Paypal jail for 180 days per their messages, at which point I would be able to withdraw them normally, that would be 06/10/2020. I just checked today as I had forgotten when I could withdraw and knew I had to be getting close, and to my surprise I had a $0 balance. There is a charge from 06/01/2020 from me to Paypal for $69.95, and the comments show "damages incurred by Paypal for acceptable use violation". No notice, no email, no nothing. Maybe they really did incur damages, I mean hell I think I probably spent over an hour on the phone with their reps since they locked my account, but I'm surprised they aren't at least required to notify the user when they take their funds to reimburse themselves. I'm not positive my account didn't have more than the $69.95 in it, but I'm not positive it did either. I've been using Paypal for a dozen years, and have tons of transactions, lifetime ban seems kinda crappy, but maybe they knew I was being naughty all along. Anyways, screw em.

TL;DR: Paypal Sucks
    Last edited by kae006; 12-01-2022, 01:54 PM.

Never had it...never will. Ebay sucks too.

Comment

PayPal is garbage. I had my account permanently closed with no reason as to why and always had people pay without any comments on the payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

is there a more freedom minded alternative to paypal?

Comment

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
          Cash money [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Venmo. Use them both and have never had an issue with either.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
              Venmo. Use them both and have never had an issue with either.
              Venmo is owned by Paypal. Surprised they didn't burn me on that platform at the same time.

FWIW, Venmo doesn't allow firearms either

Comment

I have had great luck with Pay Pal but I haven’t broken the rules and lied about it multiple times either....

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  I have had great luck with Pay Pal but I haven’t broken the rules and lied about it multiple times either....
                  Then you're not living right

Comment

maybe you can tell the bank to decline that transaction for fraud since they never notified you?

Comment

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

maybe you can tell the bank to decline that transaction for fraud since they never notified you?

Came directly out of the balance they held hostage for the past 6 months. Makes me wonder what their damages would have been if I had a few grand in there.

Comment

Dropped PayPal 1st transaction after I signed up, kinda ticks me off (gross understatement) for someone to tell me when, what, and where I can use my money!

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                            Dropped PayPal 1st transaction after I signed up, kinda ticks me off (gross understatement) for someone to tell me when, what, and where I can use my money!
                            Yeah, only wives can do that!

Comment

You can’t use PayPal for gun purchases?? Is that what happened? I am pretty sure I’ve used PayPal before on Gunbroker to buy guns? I think anyway, I can’t remember

Comment

Working...
                              X