Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 blackland prairies thread, Ellis, Navarro, hill heck even north side freestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killer View Post
    Hunt Eastern Navarro co along Trinity. Have not had good luck with feeders our lease is almost 100% overflow we have killed some nice bucks up to lower 140”
    Great deer along the trinity but not a fun place to be the last couple yrs with all the rain.

Comment

up for the rainy day

Comment

Looking...

I currently have my place under contract in escrow, looking at several other larger places in the NM area. Not a lot of options right now it seems...

Comment

Originally posted by kch73 View Post
          I currently have my place under contract in escrow, looking at several other larger places in the NM area. Not a lot of options right now it seems...
          Just depends how much chedda cheez you wanna spend!

Comment

Any of you guys hunting smaller properties in Navarro dove hunt in September near your hunting spots? I have hesitated hunting my smaller places just because I’m worried about running off the few deer I have.

Comment

I’ve had 11 acres for the last five years just outside my subdivision that I’ve dove hunted. It’s next to a coastal field and across from a field that rotates between corn and cotton. Mixed results. For this reason I haven’t dove hunted my deer hunting property, but that will change because I’m selling the 11 acres. In as well for thoughts on dove hunting on deer properties.

Comment

I just don't want to run off all the deer I have been attracting all summer before the season starts. We have thick cover and most of the properties are smaller in my area. I would think they would just slide over but come back. There is alot of human activity in the area so they are prob somewhat use to it.

Comment

Dove hunting can be good in Navarro Co. I would think small property hunt water. Grain fields are good there are several farmers that charge 75 day to hunt in the area

Comment

Dumped out another 2” of rain yesterday and raining again today. I’m betting we are near 10” the last 3 weeks. It is beyond saturated out there.

Comment

It was as wet last weekend in eureka as I've seen it. A little sunshine wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well boys I sold my place today in Purdon! It's been a great five year run that I've had so it's very bittersweet.

I really enjoyed hunting the Blacklands...not "typical" Texas deer hunting but still fun and challenging! I hope the rain lets up for you guys to get your projects going, before long another opening day will arrive.

We are headed to San Saba tomorrow to look at properties. I can be dangerous man with some in my pocket, lol!

I'll keep following this thread and who knows, maybe one day I'll return to the Blacklands!

Comment

Looks like the bucks are growing a little. Got a protein feeder up in my main pen.

Comment

Headed down to Navarro county this weekend to see how things are looking. I imagine with all the rain we’ve had that the weeds are 10 ft tall. Gonna fill some feeders and put a couple cams up.
                            Anybody else been out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was out yesterday, had to weekeat in my feeder pen so I could actually see the deer on cam.
                              Saw first fawn pics

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X