Rodeo in a Pup-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodeo in a Pup-Up

So I had about an hour before dark this afternoon to sit in my Pop-up behind the house. I no sooner sat down and got situated when 2 adult does with yearlings came to the feeder at 16 yards. I had thrown hand corn to about 12 yards in front of me and a yearling button buck fed on this corn broadside but he was much too small and not what I was looking for. Hoping one of the larger does would come within range when the cold front hit like a hurricane and they ran off before any arrow could be loosed. About 5 minutes later the rodeo began.

My swivel chair pedestal was bolted to a piece of plywood and not secured to the floor as the picture below shows. I guess over time the wood had softened to the point where the screws holding the pedestal and seat separated from the wood and I didn't know it. I leaned back just a bit and before I knew it I was falling backwards taking the pop-up with me out of the back of the platform. Fortunately for me, the platform was only about 2 feet high and I fell backward, took the pop-up with me and tumbled to the ground. Shaken but not injured I thought the new Rhino blind was destroyed just like my pride but it only lost a couple of corner straps. I set everything back, picked up my gear and went to the house.

Be safe out there. Accidents happen when you least expect them.
    Attached Files

Crazy! Glad your okay.

Comment

Glad you weren't up higher.

Gary

Comment

Glad you are ok.

Comment

Yikes!!!

Comment

Dang! Glad you are OK!!! I bet you looked around to make sure no one witnessed that before you even checked to see if you were hurt!!! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have that exact same chair set-up in several of my blinds - a boat pedestal screwed to a piece of plywood. They have been out in the weather a long time, I guess I better check them out!

Comment

I have a buddy that’s pretty short and he puts a pallet in there to set his chair on. You know what happened, one leg got off the pallet and azz over tea kettle he went. We laughed, him....not so much.

Comment

Did you holler Whoa Mule or Whoa Rhino on the way down? Im glad your unscathed.

Regardless of rotted wood...I like your swivel boat seat setup.

Comment

Daggum glad you weren’t higher up

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                    X