Gus Engeling WMA Draw Hunt Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gus Engeling WMA Draw Hunt Updates

I got word that a buck with a 22” spread was killed. Didn’t hear # of points. Any others out there hear any more updates?

9 pt scored around 130ish

Guy had never hunted Gus before

Never saw any pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats a good deer for that area, spent many days in a stand there it can be tough, I remember a lot not seeing a single deer.
      Last edited by bossbowman; 11-08-2019, 10:04 PM.

Comment

I saw the buck at the check station. It was 22 1/4" inside spread. They aged the buck at 6.5+ years old. I have pics but don't feel right about posting on the internet without the hunters permission.

Myself, I struck out. I saw alot of deer and had plenty of shot opportunities, just not on shooter bucks. The deer really moved good all week. I had one shooter at 25 yards but no clear shooting lane. It was a real nice 8 with tall heavy tines and about 17 to 18 inches wide. Dark chocolate antlers, very nice rack. Almost, oh well. I do love hunting Gus.

Comment

Which compartment was the big one killed?

Comment

I saw a huge deer like that many years ago on a youth mgmt hunt. I told the biologist about it as the deer was very dark and looked ancient. That area is so thick deer can hide right in front of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lhudson1970 View Post
              Which compartment was the big one killed?
              The one right by the check station that is mostly swamp is what I was told

Comment

I’ll be there the next few days 12-16 Nov. My son and I were lucky enough to be drawn. Any recommendations on compartments. I’ve got a few favorites after the youth doe hunt my son went on and an earlier scouting trip.

Comment

I know this thread is old but a buddy not mine got drawn for this years hunt at Gus. Can I get some information on what compartments are better then others or where is the best places to ask for on there preference card. Any help would be much appreciated for those lucky S.O.B’s ... [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X