grip or no grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grip or no grip

I recently read in some hunting magazine that removing yoyr can improve accuracy. I am thinking about trying it anyone else shoot without a grip?

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

might but i'm keeping my yoyr on thank you.

Comment

Hahaha

Comment

[QUOTE=Mike1234;7695442]I recently read in some hunting magazine that removing your grip can improve accuracy. I am thinking about trying it anyone else shoot without a grip?

Comment

The less contact your hand has on the bow the less likely your are to tourqe your bow. It may take some time to get used to but you should give it a try. Most target bows have no added grip the riser is the grip.
          Last edited by ELKAHOLIC; 10-13-2013, 08:04 PM.

Comment

If by some cruel torture I was forced to shoot a Matthews, I'd take the grip off

Most other upper end bows have that factor figured into their grip design. Personal preference is bottom line

Comment

I shoot a Mathews and apply rifle/pistol shooting concepts. I basically only have the V grip and rely and my wrist strap to keep bow from falling after I shoot.

Comment

It works great on my bowtech

Comment

seriously, side plates get my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    If by some cruel torture I was forced to shoot a Matthews, I'd take the grip off

Most other upper end bows have that factor figured into their grip design. Personal preference is bottom line
                    Bwahahahahaha!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

I agree. The only downside to this is they get down right painful to hold without a glove when it is cold.

Comment

Years ago I use to shoot PSE and didnt like the grip because it was fat. Took it off and shot much better groups. These days, most of your higher end bows have small grips ( or side plates)on them. Really just depends on what you like. Less contact with your hand means less torque. Take off your grips and give it a try.

Comment

welp I took it off the bow looks like it should have been put on the shelf that way ill take it to the range later and see how it shoots

Comment

finally made to the range after taking my grip off. at first it was a little awkward then after shooting a few arrows my groups tightened up alot im surprised that I had to move my pins as much as did but its worth it im confident shooting at a deer out to 50yards now that my groups are 6"s @ 50yrds

Comment

Good deal!....now put it back on, no one needs to be comfortable shooting at deer @ 50

Not meaning to be an @$$....but that's a looonnnggg way at a live animal

Comment

Working...
                              X