No announcement yet.

Hog Calling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys if any of you get a good story with pics or a good video please contact me I will share them on my website.

Comment

Only story I got today is:

“Due to Government shutdown, hunting is closed until further notice”

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
        Only story I got today is:

“Due to Government shutdown, hunting is closed until further notice”

All fed lands?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can’t speak for all of them only the one I hunt on right now because its close to me.

Comment

Just downloaded the app AND Glenn's calls.
            Maybe tonight I'll be able to try them out.
            Only kicker is no external speaker. Yet......
            Last edited by Pushbutton2; 01-30-2018, 06:49 AM.

Comment

How far is the speaker placed from the shooter?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

What sequence do you normally start with?

Comment

Only time I can ever say I was charged by a hog, I was on the ground using a buck grunt call, deer hunting. I shot that pig between 3-5 feet away. It was intense, and even had Dad as a witness! SO I know calling works, but I have mixed results when calling.

I use this speaker all the time around the house and it doubles as my hog/coyote speaker in the field with a downloaded app.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                    What sequence do you normally start with?
                    He didn't specify, that I've seen, with the Convergant sounds.

In post #34 he covered it with his calls.

I took a screen shot of it. I'm trying to decide how/if I want to program the app with which calls...

By program I mean there's 4 buttons on the bottom of the screen you can use as favorites.

Comment

He told me:

Sow Hystaria

Lil Squealer (less than two minutes)

Turn me loose

I have been using sow grunts with Estrous lure and I get Boars within 40 yards responding and growling but no clean shots as of yet. I’ve also use the boar sounds playing with the boars and get plenty of responsess but they just won’t take that fatal step. Interesting I had three boars from three seperate directions converge at the same time and they all stopped the same distance from me in the brush. I’m sure they smelled me.
                      Last edited by Johnny44; 02-03-2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Using my sounds that are available to the public at this time I use Sow Hysteria for 4-5 minutes then switch to lil squealer for no more than 2 minutes then either back to Sow Hysteria or Pig Mama for 4-5 minutes then Turn Me Loose for up to 2 minutes then back SH or PM again for 4-5 minutes. Then either set quietly for a few minutes or move on to the next spot.

Comment

That means if they don’t respond, They ain’t there.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                            That means if they don’t respond, They ain’t there.
                            not necessarily there have been a few times when we walked through an area after calling that we pushed lone boars, but it is not the norm. Some Boars will sneak in close and look around. if they don't see what they want the sneak right back out. I had one do this last month during the day. I was scanning the brush with thermal just for that reason. I watched him sneak in, stand and watch for 10 minutes, then turn and ease off. Had he seen or caught wind of other hogs I think he would have committed.

Comment

I want clarify that calling IS NOT a magic trick. It does not make a you a hunter if you are not one and it does not guarantee that hogs will come running. I've seen Boars working hot sows that actually moved the sow away from the sounds, this is not the norm but it happens.
                              Calling hogs is just like calling any animal. Sometimes they bite sometimes they don't.
                              calling is a tremendous tool that can and does bring inaccessible hogs to you.

hey after all these years I'm finally getting notification from this site.

Comment

I just found this the other night and have been watching your videos. Great stuff!!

My daughter and I are making the drive down from MN next week to hunt some hogs. Watching those videos has got me cranked up!

Comment

Working...
                                X