Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
    I was on some federal land and it was a non-hunting day

That's one of the gayest things I've heard of.

Comment

I’m not sure if I know how to take that comment?

Its Military land and I conform to their rules and schedule, simple.
      Last edited by Johnny44; 01-18-2018, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Just downloaded the app as well as your sounds Glenn, can't wait to try them out!

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
          I've been hunting a bluetooth amp I can retro into my the caller I and came across this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdljQDBJ58Y

This is pretty kool. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok guys, you don’t have to believe me as I’m justa name on an internet forum but I tell you this:

This works and results are unreal!

I was in a hog area today standing in the back of my truck and played the sequence suggested and I’ll be ****ed if they didn’t rush my truck like in the videos!

They stayed about 25 yards from my truck and when the first few rushed in a stopped because of what I guess to being afraid of the truck, I’d turn the sound off. When they drifted off into the brush, I’d turn it on again and it triggered a mad rush.

I did this several times stopping it when they came into range, letting them go back out into the brush and starting it again...Its like flipping a light switch!

Its like it triggers something in them they can’t control?

My only question to Mr. Guess is, do they wise up to this?
            the top sow usually lead the group and each group has one sometimes 2. Within 2 weeks the lead sow is replaced if you kill her. And they will come! if you hammer them time and time again yes they will wise up. The good thing about their nature is that they are always on the move. so if you have good habitat new hogs will show.

Comment

Originally posted by CWendling View Post
              For those that cant afford a $300 bluetooth speaker...any other speakers with long range blue tooth ability?
              I know the owner of convergent very well and I trust what they say about theirs having more range than other. But sometimes I have to pee on the fence myself so to speak. So I tried a store bought system that worked great indoors. The moment I sat it on the ground and returned to my calling spot it lost signal...the Bullet HP did not.

Rain and high humidity will occasionally break the signal and high wind in tall grass will. Overall it is awesome once you figure out all the bluetooth tech.

Comment

I’m using an Aux cable on my Bose because it beeps when it connects blueteethwise. I guess I’ll have to stay extra aware with it in my lap.

I don’t know if I should use my crossbow or 410 but the entertainment is on

Thanks Mr. Guess

Comment

I’m using an Aux cable on my Bose because it beeps when it connects blueteethwise. I guess I’ll have to stay extra aware with it in my lap.

I don’t know if I should use my crossbow or 410 but the entertainment is on

Thanks Mr. Guess
                  the beep wont hurt a thing. Hogs don't know that it is a beep. for all they know it could be a Colorado cricket.

Comment

My hunting bubby and I have killed 6 hogs in the last 2 hunt using Glen's sounds. We use sow hysteria and little squealer. They all came in with in mins of turning on the call. My buddy shot his hog at 6 yards with his crossbow. I shot the other 5 less than 20 yards away. I have never believed in calling hogs. I'm a true believer now and want to learn as much as I can about it.

Glen is see you are working on new sounds to target big boars. With the sounds that are out on the Hog Pro app, what is the best to try and call big boars?

We are thinking about buying 2 or 3 of the pork chop hog decoys to use when calling. Have you use any type of decoy like this? My belief is used with the sound and having the decoys out will do a couple of thing. I think it would calm a hog down seeing the decoys and come in, that might other wise hang up out of range. You can also use them to your advantage playing the wind. Hogs coming in may see the decoy and not try to get down wind so much. Like they do with just playing the calls. This gives them a visual cue to focus on when they come in. These are just my thoughts. Have not applied it yet in the field. What are your thoughts Glen on using decoys.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck yeah!

He posted about Big Boars in response to my same question.

Glen, I believe you about the connect tone but my speaker goes into power down mode and disconnects so it does this ugly two tone connect each time.
                      Last edited by Johnny44; 01-19-2018, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Great Post!

Comment

I bought the app. Can't wait to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                            I bought the app. Can't wait to try it.

Same...going out tomorrow

Comment

Same here.

Comment

great story and pics Gator

sadly I have tinkered with the hog pro sounds enough to give advice on which ones. I will go through them and listen for one that sounds close to mine. I'm always using and testing my sounds, so I really don't have time for others much.

As for decoys, we have used them some and are doing some tests now. I wont say which ones but there is one on the market that makes them turn tail and go away fast. {not the one you mentioned}
                                I don't think a decoy will calm hogs down. If anything I think it will bring them so hard and fast you need a shotgun. Hogs are more attuned to visual stimulant more than most believe and their eyesight is much better than most believe. If you couple that with the fact that they are very territorial I think it will bring them hard and fast once they see another hog.

Comment

Working...
                                X