Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post your Side x Side/UTV must haves

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
    I added LED bars on front and back. Sorry, I'm just a poor Ranger owner but the front windshield is really nice on cold mornings. I also bought a rear seat windshield for the dust and honestly could not tell a big difference? I'd rather have some dust than "blind from the cold!"

The MOST dramatic add on was putting "truck tires" on it instead of standard UTV tires. The ride is so much better, provided a small lift and performs much better than UTV tires with comfort and response. A little expensive but bought thru my buddy at Discount with warranty AND slimmed. Drove over just about anything you can imagine and not 1 issue to date...probably just jinxed myself with that statement! Too dang cold to take a current pic, lol!!

Works for me...congrats on your new buy!!

I've been trying to find the kit to change out to LT tires, 12-14" rim buckshots are cheap!!!

I got a fortress windshield on mine so it can be half or full. Makes days like today bearable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Russ81; 01-16-2018, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Does anyone make a back window for the mules

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
        I've been trying to find the kit to change out to LT tires, 12-14" rim buckshots are cheap!!!

I got a fortress windshield on mine so it can be half or full. Makes days like today bearable!

I'll try to take some pics of the front end mod we did for these tires. Get them to you soon, but I really did not use a kit even thou the Dealer said I needed one??

Comment

I've owed 3 Rangers. If I was going to say add-ons that are "must haves"..

- Metal Roof (nice to be able to sit or stand on it)
          - Winch
          - LED light bar
          - Second aux battery

Although on my next Ranger, I'll probably get a stereo system; I've found that while many add-ons are cool, you don't get much resale value from them.

Comment

Gotta have a snorkel

Comment

Originally posted by Jdavis9753 View Post

Gotta have a snorkel

Where did you get the snorkel?

Comment

4 door lease pickup so I don't have to ride in the dusty sxs. lol

Comment

My main "must have" is that is must not be in the shop all the time. So that eliminates Ranger.

Kidding.

Sort of.

Comment

Gotta have a snorkel

Looks like we have the same whip except separate colors. Mine came stock with the snorkel.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                      I've owed 3 Rangers. If I was going to say add-ons that are "must haves"..

- Metal Roof (nice to be able to sit or stand on it)

- Winch

- LED light bar

- Second aux battery

Although on my next Ranger, I'll probably get a stereo system; I've found that while many add-ons are cool, you don't get much resale value from them.

Just curious why the second auxiliary battery? Is it for the winch?

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ey View Post
                        Just curious why the second auxiliary battery? Is it for the winch?

Here’s a must have! This usb charger/jump box saved me already once this year. I was 8 miles from civilization and left the light bar on after I turned off the Polaris. That night I got back dog tired and turned the key...’click-click-click’. I thought oh man I am done then remembered I had my compact jump box. Started right up and now I laugh about it because it could have been a terrible hike back.

Holds 4+ charges for your phone and/or 10 boosts for a car, boat, or utv.

Comment

Here’s a must have! This usb charger/jump box saved me already once this year. I was 8 miles from civilization and left the light bar on after I turned off the Polaris. That night I got back dog tired and turned the key...’click-click-click’. I thought oh man I am done then remembered I had my compact jump box. Started right up and now I laugh about it because it could have been a terrible hike back.

Holds 4+ charges for your phone and/or 10 boosts for a car, boat, or utv.

Wow that is pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            My main "must have" is that is must not be in the shop all the time. So that eliminates Ranger.

Kidding.

Sort of.

I've had a few issues with mine but nothing I couldn't fix. The plus about their diesels is it's a Yanmar so if you have a Yanmar savvy auto parts store they can get you parts cheap. $15 for a low psi fuel pump was nice compared too the $250 Polaris one.

Comment

Mule

Originally posted by brunner View Post
                              Mule ProFXT

Added Tough Country Front Bumper and Texas-Outdoors Rear Hunting Rack

How are you liking this ride ? I’m looking at getting one

Comment

We love our 2016 Kawasaki Teryx SxS. My wife struggles with a bad back at times, and the bucket seats are way more comfortable than any of the other bench-style seats. It still has a high capacity dump bed too! The 2-seater has huge storage bins right behind the seats also, and they are water and dust proof. Added on a 3500# winch, half windshield, roof, and make sure you get a good spare tire carrier. Where we ride, we might be 20-40 miles from our truck and trailer. I added a divider across the front of the bed and bolted in a tool box, and added 2-1 gallon gas cans. We have been as much as 150 miles on a single ride, so better to have extra gas than not.

Still need toadd a front light bar, and good back up lites.

Comment

Working...
                                X