5.3 owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.3 owners?

I have always been a ford man. I am on my third f-150. This one being a 2014 5.0 XLT 4x4 with under 30k miles. I bought it new. Love the truck but hate the payment along with my wifes truck note. Looking to downgrade and trade in but they require me to get something under 100k miles. looking for a 4x4 with that kinda mileage under 20k is impossible so i may bite the bullet and go 2x4. I have noticed the chevy and GMCs are alot cheaper. What are yals thought and experience with this motor? Also anyone in the conroe/Houston area working at a dealership that could help would be nice.Thanks for any input. Here is one that caught my eye.

Comment

Do you still have you black f 350 I see you at Austin Elementary my daughter goes there and my wife works there.

Comment

by the way my patrol Tahoe has 122,000 miles on it and still runs like a son of a gun

Comment

the 2014 and the 2015's have a good amount of power...same as the 5.0

the 13's and under were lagging a little bit but they are a good engine.

Comment

No. Never had a black f-350. I had a pearl 09 platinum before the XLT but my daughter does go go Austin. That's crazy lol. They have their performance at the courthouse today. Maybe we have met?

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter87 View Post
              by the way my patrol Tahoe has 122,000 miles on it and still runs like a son of a gun

Patrol Tahoe? You must have arrested me before. Lol jk jk

Comment

there was a black for f 350 gas in the car rider line ever day with me he had a tbh sticker too. I had the bright blue ford f150 lifted. Now I have a white f350 with ranch hands

Comment

Just traded in my 5.3 a couple months back for an ecoboost. I've had the smaller V8 from dodge and Ford, the 5.3, and my current ecoboost. I would take any of them over the 5.3. I was very dissapointed in the power and mileage. Loving my ecoboost though. It's my favorite so far.
                  B

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                    the 2014 and the 2015's have a good amount of power...same as the 5.0

the 13's and under were lagging a little bit but they are a good engine.

Yea not so much worried about power as this engine oil rod failure I have seen on some threads? You know how they go. Turns into one big arguement. I have a small boat and a trailer I may pull my samurai on here and there. Nothing major. Just more worried about reliability if I buy a truck with that many miles and a Chevy or gmc which I have no experience with.

Comment

no I haven't, not that I know of

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter87 View Post
                        there was a black for f 350 gas in the car rider line ever day with me he had a tbh sticker too. I had the bright blue ford f150 lifted. Now I have a white f350 with ranch hands

You may see my wife everyday in line. She has a 2010 white lariat was with a low pro Bed liner. 2x4. No stickers.

Comment

I had a 2007 1500 Chevrolet z71 with that motor. I originally bought the truck for the reason it would last forever or at least 300,000! At the time I had 3 friends with that truck in the early 2000's model that had super high mileage.

You will be fine with that truck, lower payments, and have it paid for sooner.

Good Luck

Comment

I have had several 5.3's. It is a great motor. It pulls my boat and Travel Trailer easily. Our last one had 167k on it when we sold it. It was still running strong.

Comment

that means that there is three up coming tbhers at that school. My brother in law has a 2000 chevy Z71 with 120,000 so miles and it still runs great and no problems

Comment

Working...
                              X