Cass County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cass County

Hey everyone. I am new to TBH. I tried to PM a few guys but it says I have to have 15 posts. Anyway I live in southern MO and I'm looking at buying some land in Cass county. I have heard stealing and poaching are bad in that area but most come from older posts. So thought I would ask the guys who are there everyday. I'm just wanting a small tract to hunt weekends. I'm not worried about monster deer cause I know I can't manage a little area. I am more interested in hogs than deer. I have lots of deer around home. My biggest concern is worrying about my camp shack being raided and cameras missing etc. And having pigs to shoot on weekends. Any areas to avoid or any advice would be great. Thanks guys. If this is the wrong place for this I apologize.
    Last edited by Mobowhunter; 08-30-2017, 06:08 PM.

No advice on that area, but welcome

Comment

Welcome. No experience there but bumping this up for someone to chime in

Comment

Sketchy out that way had a lease out in linden and had trespassers on several occasions and cameras come up missing and bow stands saw a few deer not many also had to worry about people hunting your stand or stealing it. Tough choice I would look else were my opinion.

Comment

Also welcome to the form

Comment

I have land further north but I doubt much has changed. I got a good neighbor watching mine and give him the rights to tresspass. It has worked out great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. That's what I was afraid of. Just know that I'm more likely to go 6 hours to my "spot" than 12. Wanted alot of pigs for shortest drive. Any suggestions?

Comment

Red river area would be closest for you drive wise

Comment

I have land in Cass Co outside of bloomburg . No problems there best thing to do is become quaint with the neighbors and have them keep their eye on your stuff.
                  They would be the ones to hunt while you are gone if they don't know you
                  Once they get to know you then they seem to have some respect for you .
                  Good people out that way

Comment

Oh yeah and plenty of hogs for sure need help !!

Comment

I hunted near Jefferson. I can tell you that Auntie Skinners was a fun place to hang out in town. Plenty of wild life in the area (literally) lol never had any issues with theft but I'm sure that depends on where you're buying

Comment

We have a piece of property in Harrison Co., 10 minutes from Jefferson. It's 127 acres, and has a cabin with city water and electric. I can get the listing if you're interested.

Comment

You may be better to save your money and buy some do it yourself Hog hunts.. Welcome
                          Where about you from in Missouri, i have family up in Cassville,Mo. Mark Taiwan forest area. Hogs come and go

Comment

Berry County in South West corner of Mo

Comment

I'm just north of springfield. I've been to Cassville many times. My brother just saw a bear there a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X