Sight tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sight tape

Bought me a Truglo range rover single pin slider to play with and see if I like a single pin sight.

It did not come with tapes like some of the more expensive ones do (I know you get what you pay for) just a blank tape on the sight that you mark.

Does anyone have a sight tape program or suggestions on where to get some tapes that will work for this sight?

This close to season I may wait until after season to try it

I use glow in dark arrow wraps. Just cut and stick...use fine pen/marker to mark yardage . Low light adjustment.... no problem

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
      Bought me a Truglo range rover single pin slider to play with and see if I like a single pin sight.

It did not come with tapes like some of the more expensive ones do (I know you get what you pay for) just a blank tape on the sight that you mark.

Does anyone have a sight tape program or suggestions on where to get some tapes that will work for this sight?

This close to season I may wait until after season to try it
      I use those peel off blank address labels stickers. guess with all the different arrows speeds and weights they couldn't keep the price down. I use a label fine marker and a piece of clear packing tape, same one for the past 5 yrs.
      I have a truglo on each of my hunting bows. Love mine, both are sighted in with my arch1000 range finder, I call them "Dial a Death".

Sighting in is easy, stand at 20 and move the pin till you are dead on, mark it, move back to 30 shoot same pin move the pin up 1/4 inch and see make fine adjustments then mark the tape, Once you get all the yardage pins tou want put a clear tape over and go hunting.
      Last edited by Greywolf in Hawaii; 09-05-2013, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Good to see you posting Kyle

How is the family?

Comment

Out of hospital and back to normal, thanks.

Comment

Red hawk archery has a free tape set you can print out. They worked well for my tommy hogg

Comment

Good to see you posting Kyle

How is the family?
              First time I read this I had to scratch my head. My name is Me.
              Trying to figure out who you was. But since I hadn't posted on this thread.....
              I'm good now!

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                I'm good now!
                Well you kinda got me scratchin my head but it is past my bedtime so I will try and make sense of it tomorrow.

But welcome to the fire Me

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                  I'm good now!
                  That is amazing! I am Me, too! But I thought you where you!
                  You ever call into The General Store?

Comment

Who's on 1st?

Comment

Yall quit trying to hijack my thread with that whos on first mess

What would it take to print scale on the glow in the dark wraps? Some kind of special printer?

Comment

Yall quit trying to hijack my thread with that whos on first mess

What would it take to print scale on the glow in the dark wraps? Some kind of special printer?

It would take a sheet or glow in the dark wraps. Since most of the sight scale programs assume you are printing on a 9x11 sheet of paper, it is scaled accordingly.

IMO your best and easiest method is get some neon yellow mailing labels, trim them to fit the slider scale, and use a small mechanical pencil for the marks, and do it yourself.

Comment

A piece of masking tape cut to size and a extra fine sharpie worked for me.

Comment

Gonna look around at work and see if I have some extra fine sharpies

Comment

If you have a iPhone you can get a program called "Archers Mark". Put in the info it ask for and it will build a tape for you. Email to yourself and then print out. I use this on my 3d target rig. I like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X