Egg Nog Recipes Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egg Nog Recipes Wanted

It's that time of the year, and this time around I would like to make some home made.

I'm looking for recipes that include booze. I'm not beyond just adding some rum to some store bought stuff, but I would like to try going from scratch.

Thanks in advance, Dale

Originally posted by badger16 View Post
    It's that time of the year, and this time around I would like to make some home made.

I'm looking for recipes that include booze. I'm not beyond just adding some rum to some store bought stuff, but I would like to try going from scratch.

Thanks in advance, Dale
    Man I just add some Kahlua to Promise Land Eggnog. Nothing is better than Promise Land Milks and their Eggnog is just as good!

Comment

Originally posted by Bearkills View Post
      Man I just add some Kahlua to Promise Land Eggnog. Nothing is better than Promise Land Milks and their Eggnog is just as good!
      my cousins own and operate promised land

Comment

ttt

Comment

Hands down! Best I've had...

Eggnog
          • 6 eggs
          • 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
          • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
          • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
          • 3/4 cup brandy
          • 1/3 cup dark rum (Captain Morgan for best flavor, but Myers is fine)
          • 2 cups whipping cream
          • 2 cups milk
          All liquids should be very cold. Refrigerate in advance.

Beat the eggs for 2 or 3 minutes with an electric mixer at medium speed until very frothy. Gradually beat in the sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. Turn the mixer off and stir in the cold brandy, rum, whipping cream and milk Chill before serving. Sprinkle individual servings with more nutmeg.

Makes about 2-1/2 quarts

Comment

Two words, Pennsylvania Dutch, found at specks. you wont be dissapointed

Comment

Originally posted by WildMatt84 View Post
              Two words, Pennsylvania Dutch, found at specks. you wont be dissapointed
              I really like this one and Promised Land!

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Eagle View Post
                Hands down! Best I've had...

Eggnog
                • 6 eggs
                • 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
                • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
                • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
                • 3/4 cup brandy
                • 1/3 cup dark rum (Captain Morgan for best flavor, but Myers is fine)
                • 2 cups whipping cream
                • 2 cups milk
                All liquids should be very cold. Refrigerate in advance.

Beat the eggs for 2 or 3 minutes with an electric mixer at medium speed until very frothy. Gradually beat in the sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. Turn the mixer off and stir in the cold brandy, rum, whipping cream and milk Chill before serving. Sprinkle individual servings with more nutmeg.

Makes about 2-1/2 quarts
                Thank's Eagle! Is this one that you have tried, or been passed down through the family?

Comment

That sounds good....

Comment

we like kahlua and baileys and some nutmeg and cinnamon good stuuff.

Comment

Originally posted by badger16 View Post
                      Thank's Eagle! Is this one that you have tried, or been passed down through the family?
                      I don't remember where I got the recipe, but I have made a lot of batches over the years. I always end up giving recipe to everyone that samples it at Christmas parties.

Comment

Working...
                      X