Good Public Land Axis Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Public Land Axis Hunting

So I already put in for most of the hunts where there's a chance at some Axis, but I'm reading a bunch of threads (new and older) that are saying many of these spots are far and few between as far as Axis goes.

What are some of the better public hunts that offer a somewhat decent shot at Axis?

Thanks Fellas.

None that I have ever heard of.....hawaii maybe

Comment

U have to pay for axis or get a hook up!!!!

Comment

Garner is your best bet, but not only do you have to make it through the draw, you also have to draw the 'right' blind once you get there. Many never see a deer (neither of my party of 2 saw a single deer, axis or whitetail), some shoot as many as 3-5 on a hunt.

Comment

Government canyon for sure

Comment

That's what I've heard about Garner, re: assigned stands. Not to mention it sounds like they take all the fun out of hunting with how much restriction they put on you. I think I will pass on Garner.

Pilar, do you know how Gov. Canyon is run? Do they let you hunt or put a ton of restrictions on you?

Any other suggestions, guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
              That's what I've heard about Garner, re: assigned stands. Not to mention it sounds like they take all the fun out of hunting with how much restriction they put on you. I think I will pass on Garner.

Pilar, do you know how Gov. Canyon is run? Do they let you hunt or put a ton of restrictions on you?

Unless you do one of the draw hunts then there's no such thing as public axis hunts.

Gotta pay to play

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                Unless you do one of the draw hunts then there's no such thing as public axis hunts.

Gotta pay to play
                Not true.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                  Not true.
                  From what I've read and seen there's hardly any there.

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                    From what I've read and seen there's hardly any there.
                    Maybe so, but it's still an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                      Not true.
                      Go ahead and hunt it and I'll pay for your mount on a axis buck if you shoot one there this year

Never heard of that place personal and at 138 acres I can't imagine how packed it is during season

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                        Go ahead and hunt it and I'll pay for your mount on a axis buck if you shoot one there this year

Never heard of that place personal and at 138 acres I can't imagine how packed it is during season
                        It's been in the public hunting lands book for the last three or four years now. I have wanted to give it a try but havent had an opportunity yet. Not saying it offers great chances but it is a place to hunt axis on public land. There are quite a few in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post

@GC you are assigned a area , you can hand corn

Comment

Working...
                          X