Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camera mount for bow...for less than $1 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera mount for bow...for less than $1 !!!

Well, I am happy to see that a lot of my fellow TBHers are getting some early season action, as for me I will get my first full weekend hunt this upcoming weekend at my uncles ranch in Concan (cross your fingers for me, maybe some LDPs next Monday). In my preparation for the hunt, I rigged up this camera mount for my Hoyt Magnatec 30 min. ago! (literally). The paint is barely dry I took a piece of 20ga. 1-1/2" X 8" galvanized steel brace used for tying 2X4s together and bent it to the shape shown below. Then drilled holes in the appropriate places, added a bolt and rubber bushing for the camera and vuala!!!! Hopefully I'll have some vid for you guys soon using my Sony W55 Digital Cam. Good luck!
    Attached Files

Not to stop you but you will not get a very good impact shot using that. The shock and vibration from the shot will make it nearly impossible to get any kind of quality out of it. However, give it a try, you might be able to tell me otherwise.

Comment

dang and I was gettin ready to go make me one!!! I want to start filming, and I thought that looked neat.

Comment

Nice, I think i'll wait till this weekend to see if it comes out the way you plan it to come out and then i'll get you to help me out with it!!! Later!!

Comment

cool idea. good luck on the vid!

Comment

I like that! I was thinking of a mount for my video camera. How is that taking away of shock? You think the balance will be off?? I still would like soemthing like that.

Comment

yea let us know how that works, my guess is its gonna be pretty unstable after the shot. i think i'd try it at home first.

Comment

I had thought of doing something similar with one of these.http://techronics.com/index.cfm?fuse...3114&aff=72182

I was worried about the shock. If it didn't work, I guess I could mount it under my tool box on my truck to see my goose-neck ball. That would give me a reason to upgrade to an in-dash video monitor.

Comment

I didn't realize real men needed an excuse to buy an new electronic gadget.

Do some target shooting at hope, trying to keep the camera on the target, that'll give ya a good idea how the aftershock will affect the camera. I know for me it's natural to keep a loose grip on my bow when I shoot, and to allow the bow to move forward after shooting, so you might have to change your follow-through to get a good impact pic. You could always hang that bracket on a tree above your head, so if it doesn't work on your bow, it is still usable. Good work.

Comment

I would be sure and practice a few shots with the new weight. Great idea you've got there. Good luck. I hunt near Concan (Reagan Wells)

Comment

I'd be concern it would throw off the balance and mess my shot up...

Comment

hey louieagarcia, so how does she shoot? does it throw your balance off or anything? I was going to try to set this up on my bow this week Just wondering how she shoots before I go and mess up my camera or anything. Thanks

Comment

camera mount

I set up a similar mount with a clamp on my stabilizer. I would show you some pics of it but...the..camera..was on ...the bow. Hmm. I guess I need another camera. Well if the shot is off I guess he will be able to see if he is torquing his bow!! Looking forward to seeing the video.

Comment

info

Hey guys,

To answer some of your ?s........it shoots great, doesnt throw my balance off, but you definitely want to practice with it first to get used to the extra 4 ounces. The shock on the release makes the vid blurry but just for a split second. You can still see shot placement and direction that the animal runs off.

I only have to make one mod, and that is a new camera. I had a PHAT doe at about 15 yrds. I was ready, turned on the camera and then the lens extended out. The "buzz" sound it made alerted her and took off! Good luck!

Louie

Comment

Open a free account on photobucket.com, and upload a couple clips of video while you're shooting at a target. You can link to them on TBH so we can look.

Maybe is you put a longer screw holding the camera to the bracket, and 'built' a thick rubber pad for the camera to rest on out of RTV silicon, it would absorb some of the shock when you release?

Comment

Working...
                              X