Permethrin Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permethrin Question

So...I have purchased my first couple of bottles of Permethrin. I know that you aren't supposed to spray it on your skin...or wear clothes that have been treated until they are dry. But...what about when you sweat or get rained on or get wet, etc.? Does it not soak into your skin that way?

I hope not. I soak my clothes in it, let them dry then wear all day sweating. I'm still alive.

Comment

Can't answer your question but all of my warm weather outdoor clothes are treated. I don't much care for ticks and chiggers.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Comment

it rubs the permethrin on its skin else it gets the hose again.

Comment

Ive wondered the same thing...and its kept me from treating my clothes. Just DEET until now.

Whilst in military, the Corpsmen would douse our deployment cammies. I spent lots of time in Filipino jungle rain and...Im alive and tumor free.

I guess Ill treat my own clothes now.

Comment

My dog is about to die so I let his Frontline lapse a couple months ago.

Bad mistake. Our house just had a flea explosion. Most of my upholstered furniture and carpets are currently covered in permethrin-based insecticide.

Comment

Been spraying directly on since I was in the service annd andddddd aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnndd I IIIIIIIIII haaaavvvent hhhhaadddd any siiddde efffffeeecctttssss.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                Buffalo Bill? Is that you????

Comment

That’s funny!!

Comment

I get it on my skin all the time and have never seen any adverse effects from it. Everyone reacts different from this sort of thing, if I were in your shoes, I would just dab a little on small spot of exposed skin and see if you have any reaction to it.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                      I get it on my skin all the time and have never seen any adverse effects from it. Everyone reacts different from this sort of thing, if I were in your shoes, I would just dab a little on small spot of exposed skin and see if you have any reaction to it.
                      car·cin·o·gen
                      kärˈsinəjən,ˈkärsənəˌjen/Submit
                      noun
                      a substance capable of causing cancer in living tissue.

Comment

I get it on me all the time spraying cattle and ima ima ima ima okkkkk.

Comment

car·cin·o·gen

kärˈsinəjən,ˈkärsənəˌjen/Submit

noun

a substance capable of causing cancer in living tissue.

That’s what I was thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I spray all my cattle also with the 30% I THINK I'm OK ?

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                              I spray all my cattle also with the 30% I THINK I'm OK ?

Wow that stuff is thick at that concentration!

I use ~30% and dilute 2 oz per gallon for treating clothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X