No announcement yet.

F250 6.2 liter 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a 2015 F250 with the 6.2. It's a Lariat with the FX4 package and lots of goodies. It took me 7 days of hard searching to find what I wanted because most of the used 6.2's are worn out work/fleet trucks. I love mine already and it will pull all of my stuff. I think Ford will keep selling more and more of these as the diesels keep getting more costly to repair and maintain.

Comment

If you are thinking gas just don't test drive the diesel and you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvey View Post
        No need to justify anything, buy what you want and get to getting. I've pulled 30 cows to Raywood at 70mph with a 3/4 ton Chevy with a 5.7.
        You pull them one at a time?

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
          Just bought a 2015 F250 with the 6.2. It's a Lariat with the FX4 package and lots of goodies. It took me 7 days of hard searching to find what I wanted because most of the used 6.2's are worn out work/fleet trucks. I love mine already and it will pull all of my stuff. I think Ford will keep selling more and more of these as the diesels keep getting more costly to repair and maintain.

Ugh wrong....you answered your own statement. Every 6.2 gasser you came across used was worn out. The diesel scene is rapidly growing and auto makers sells will continue especially with these longer financing terms smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
            Ugh wrong....you answered your own statement. Every 6.2 gasser you came across used was worn out. The diesel scene is rapidly growing and auto makers sells will continue especially with these longer financing terms smh.
            I would have to agree with him.
            I have owned diesels since the early 90s and I was very close to buying the gas because of all the emission bs and higher maintence costs.
            This may very well be my last one.

If Ford, GM, or Ram ever offer a gas turbo v8 option in a 3/4 ton, I am buying it!

Comment

Shake your head all you want pal, that doesn’t change the fact that gas AND diesel trucks get worn out in commercial applications. When I said “worn out” I meant high mileage and they smelled and looked like a construction worker at the end of a Long August day.
              Last edited by jmeghunts; 12-22-2017, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Shake your head all you want pal, that doesn’t change the fact that gas AND diesel trucks get worn out in commercial applications. When I said “worn out” I meant high mileage and they smelled and looked like a construction worked at the end of a Long August day.
                I've seen a lot of worn out trucks that might still have a good motor. Doesn't matter how long the engine last if the rest of the truck doesn't hold up.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                  I've seen a lot of worn out trucks that might still have a good motor. Doesn't matter how long the engine last if the rest of the truck doesn't hold up.
                  Ok

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                    You pull them one at a time?
                    All at once babe. As a 17yr old kid with a crazy rancher as a boss that refused to buy a diesel. Lol, I didn't know any better.

Comment

Ok
                      I quoted the wrong one, I meant to quote Humpy....

Comment

I quoted the wrong one, I meant to quote Humpy....

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                          I've got a 2014 Ram with the 6.4. The computers kill that engine, and the transmission is NOT geared the way it should be for a HD gasser. I'm pretty sure they have he same tranny in the diesel, and I'm pretty sure it's geared the same.

There's really no reason for the 6.4 to be the slouch that it is.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                          It's not the same tranny, but it's geared the same. And I absolutely agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                            Haven't driven the 17 6.2. I had read the newer models got a different transmission. Maybe that's what was needed...
                            I test drove the 16 with 4.30 gears. That model has the same transmission as the diesel. Anderson Ford let me take it for the weekend. It ran ok empty. However when on the highway, when I would just want to ease around someone it seemed you really had to push on the accelerator. Then it would downshift and go. I don't have that problem with the diesel.
                            The problem multiplied when I put my 24' center console behind it.

Like I said, I am not hating on the 6.2. I had full intentions on buying it till I drove the 6.7.
                            The 17’ 6.2 has a few upgrades. It’s making peak torque much lower and sooner. It has more torque, more HP, and it’s all coming in much sooner. Approx 600-800 rpm sooner. Can’t remember exactly, but it makes for a much more pleasant DD. I’ve driven a couple previous 6.2s, and it’s definitely a noticeable improvement.

Comment

Yet that Diesel engine is still going. People always say this breaks on that truck and that breaks on that truck. Guess what it’s a piece of machinery and that’s goig to happen. What matters is the life of the engine and then transmission and how long they perform optimally. I don’t know your line of work but when you work around machinery stuff around an engine breaks down. Just like in a refinery pump seal failure is apart of life. You see daily old Dodges and Ford Diesels still working lugging cattle and stuff around. Show me those old gas engines putting in that kind of work.

Comment

Yet that Diesel engine is still going. People always say this breaks on that truck and that breaks on that truck. Guess what it’s a piece of machinery and that’s goig to happen. What matters is the life of the engine and then transmission and how long they perform optimally. I don’t know your line of work but when you work around machinery stuff around an engine breaks down. Just like in a refinery pump seal failure is apart of life. You see daily old Dodges and Ford Diesels still working lugging cattle and stuff around. Show me those old gas engines putting in that kind of work.
                                It's a myth that gas engines don't last long. The problem is most folks don't own their trucks very long anymore to get any kind of read on that, plus diesels generally outnumber the gasser HD's 60/40.

But here's one. And this dude worked his truck like a mule.
                                6.2L V8 - Engine failure - at 418,000 miles - Let me preface this by saying that the truck has 418,000 miles. It has served me very well in the past and will continue to do so. However I regret to inform you guys that I have experienced an engine failure and I have to replace the motor at this time. This all started...

Comment

Working...
                                X