Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work

Comment

You may be a Redneck if all of your boats are made for a cooler fit.

Comment

you really know how to make a gorgeous kayak..i'd love to have one of these but i'd break it

Comment

No you would'nt. If I can't paddle around I paddle over it. They are not fragile.

See

I was in trouble after this. This was the Maiden Voyage for my Daugthers boat. She was plenty p!$$ed when I got home and sshe saw what i had done with her boat.

Last edited by DarrellS; 11-11-2010, 10:32 PM. Reason: added pic

Comment

I am leaving early tomorrow for the lease so I won't update until Monday afternoon.

Comment

This is a great thread thanks for sharing. This is a perfect example of something I would love to do but would never follow through.

Comment

went to your website........my wish list just got bigger.

Comment

Very cool build!

Comment

Back from hunting. Time to get busy again.

Comment

Time for a little update. Sometimes the way you visualize something and the way it looks while doing it are totally different. That is where I have been for the last couple of days. I was using Western Red Cedar on this boat and I could not find any lumber long enough to run the length of the boat, So I was having to make joints. I was not crazy about the idea of seeing a bunch of joints on this boat to begin with and the more strips I put on the less I liked it. Today i made the decision to tear all of the strips off and start over. I went by RedWoods Inc. here in Waco and talked to Greg about what he had that I could use. He could order me A grade Cedar at the length I wanted but it was pretty expensive, but he did have some A Grade Redwood in the lengths that i wanted that were actually cheaper. So I am going to have another RedWood boat.

Here is where I was at today.

Here is where I was at about five minutes later.

I already like the RedWood better.

Added a couple of highlight strips this time also.

Back on track now so maybe I will have pics of progress to post.

Comment

very nice, I imagine that a cedar boat would look pretty sweet though, maybe you could use some of it on top (sorry not a boat guy, don't know the lingo that well)

Comment

Those get cooler every time I see them

Comment

That is awesome. I wish I hadn't filled out Christmas list already.

Comment

As mentioned in the last update I tore all the strips off and started over. I was messing around this afternoon and decided to see just how strong the joints and TiteBond II really are. They are pretty strong.

As always my helper was present.

Got a few more strips layed tonight.

At this point in time the bow and stern strips just run wild. I will trim them to length later.

Comment

Cool thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X