Where to Buy Bulk Cotton Seed in the Hill Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to Buy Bulk Cotton Seed in the Hill Country

Does anyone know where the closest place to buy bulk cotton seed would be from Llano/ Marble Falls area? We would like to start feeding it but the closest place I've found is about 2 hours away in Elgin (we live near north of houston).

Also, if you have the option of both antlermax and cotton seed in the same pen, which one do the deer prefer for those of you in this area? Eventually we would like to switch totally over to cotton seed if the deer take to it well since it is cheaper.

Thanks!

The closest place I've found to our place in Lenard is either through Waco (Cape and Son) or at the Mereta Cotton gin. There are a lot of people that feed both protein and cottonseed, but we like to feed both since we have so many deer and to make sure every deer has a little bit to eat each day. Thinking about renting a small dump trailer so I can get about 2,500lbs at a time from the mills.

Comment

taylor,200@ton

Comment

Cottonseed

Originally posted by tminc View Post
        taylor,200@ton
        Where in Taylor

Comment

the cotton gin,just south of the railroad bridge

Comment

Thank yall very much for your input. I may try to swing by Taylor for a ton this weekend. Eventually we would like to just buy a dump truck or 2 and store it at the lease.

Comment

Anyone know of a gin between Houston and Val Verde?

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                Anyone know of a gin between Houston and Val Verde?
                In Sinton - Hartzendorf Gin - they travel and prices are good

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                  Does anyone know where the closest place to buy bulk cotton seed would be from Llano/ Marble Falls area? We would like to start feeding it but the closest place I've found is about 2 hours away in Elgin (we live near north of houston).

Also, if you have the option of both antlermax and cotton seed in the same pen, which one do the deer prefer for those of you in this area? Eventually we would like to switch totally over to cotton seed if the deer take to it well since it is cheaper.

Thanks!
                  Who has it in Elgin?

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                    Who has it in Elgin?
                    I thought I saw that there was a cotton gin in that town, I'm going to try calling around today

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I've tried calling about 10 of the gins within an hour of the austin area and either no one answers or they are out of stock for the season.

Comment

The gin in lockheart still had some so I just picked up a bulk bag of 1100lb for $220. It was pricy but I want to see how the deer like it on our place before buying a truck load.

Comment

I bought a 100' of 2"x4"x60" welded wire and made 4 cages (each 10' long so a little over 3' in diameter). It's getting pretty dry out in the hill country so we shall see how well they take to it.

Comment

Working...
                          X