New Mexico Oryx Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mexico Oryx Hunt

Hello all! I am seeing if anybody has any info. on Stallion Range out in New Mexico? My dad drew a tag for Oryx Hunt (One in lifetime Hunt) next February 2017. Does anybody have any knowledge or wisdom that could help a fellow Texans be successful on this hunt?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

I hunted the Stallion in 2011. The numbers had been severely trimmed down at the time and it was a very tough hunt for me, even though I had some help from an old fellow that had worked on the property for 28 years. With one hour left on a 2 day hunt, I did manage to score on a cow that I think I'd passed on the day before. I was hunting my way back to the truck after about a 6 mile hike in the hills where I had also passed on a medium sized bull.

It was a very special and exciting deal for me to be able to hunt my first African and first exotic animal in New Mexico. Little did I know that I would transfer to work in Africa the following year, and begin a 4 year run of wildly chasing animals on safari in 3 countries during multiple hunting trips in Africa, killing more Gemsbok than I could imagine.

Anyway, I don't really have any up to date information on the Stallion Range, but I do know an excellent outfitter that guides on the place, or at least used to. Jim and Kelley Welles are great folks who are up on all things hunting in New Mexico. If you're interested in contacting them, here's a link:
    NM HUNTCO is your connection to New Mexico hunting for big game success providing public and private Elk, Deer, Big Horn Sheep, Antelope, Oryx, and Ibex hunts

Tell them Jeff Graves from Mississippi sent ya, and maybe they won't hang up on you! lol

Good Luck to your dad!

Comment

Bump

Comment

You will have a great hunt! Lots of animals. PM sent.

Comment

Well everyone my dad was successful on his Oryx hunt. He ended up shooting a 33" Oryx.

Comment

Congrats. I hear thats the best meat on the planet.

Comment

Pics??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X