TX Gator Lakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
    Lake Texana is infested w them. Buddy of mine has a full body mount of a 13' gator from there.
    The west boundary of my lease is Sandy Creek, which feeds Texana. We always have a gator in our lakes. We’re going after them with a vengeance this year because we got the green light from the GW and they give the calves hell.

Comment

Lake Somerville has plenty

Comment

Lake Arlington

Comment

Eagle Lake does. I know our kids always fish it and they see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
            Lake Texana has some big lizards
            No joke. A lot of them. Me and my dad used to fish the creek and the Navidad frequently when I was a kid. There would be 5-15 gators on every freaking sandbar it seemed.

Comment

Caddo
              Lake o the Pines
              Sabine River
              Sulphur River
              Gilmer Lake
              Red River
              Lake Striker
              Angelina River
              Trinity River

I know at a lot of these are rivers.

Comment

Lake Limestone has them also

Comment

I've bowfished all over texas and yeah they're everywhere ,The TP&W needs to really up the harvest of gators it's just a matter of time until a kid gets ate on one of our lakes. I've seen monsters up to at least 13'.The places that stand out to me off the top of my head are trinity river/ lake Livingston ,Galveston bay up in the old and lost ,choke canyon but there are big ones everywhere. just a quick story we were fishing in Kickapoo creek and we go past this house and in the yard theres a 11-12' gator laying there with a 8-10 year old kid playing in the yard ,I said to the kid be careful around that gator and he say what that one that's the little one the big one is around here somewhere LOL !

Comment

I saw one on Lake O the pines a few years back while bowfishing at night.
                    Seen a BUNCH on the Sabine River

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
                      Lake Livingston
                      This would probably be home to most and the largest. TPWD dumps nuisance gators in the Trinity shed on the north side of the lake. World record Gator Gar come from here as well so wouldn't surprise me the same would go for their ancient cousins.

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                        I've bowfished all over texas and yeah they're everywhere ,The TP&W needs to really up the harvest of gators it's just a matter of time until a kid gets ate on one of our lakes. I've seen monsters up to at least 13'.The places that stand out to me off the top of my head are trinity river/ lake Livingston ,Galveston bay up in the old and lost ,choke canyon but there are big ones everywhere. just a quick story we were fishing in Kickapoo creek and we go past this house and in the yard theres a 11-12' gator laying there with a 8-10 year old kid playing in the yard ,I said to the kid be careful around that gator and he say what that one that's the little one the big one is around here somewhere LOL !
                        Education of humans is a much better idea than the wide spread killing of a species of animal. TPWD makes allotments on what is best for the species of animal; not humans. I have all the faith in the world that a million years from now they will still be here and there will be no signs that humans ever existed on this planet. Kickapoo creek is like going back to the time of the dinosaurs lol. I haven't seen one under 10ft showing itself up there lest they be eaten by the bulls.

Comment

Found this on the bank of the nueces river just below crystal city a few years back, pretty sure it’s a gator tooth, appears to have come off a decent sized one as well
                          Attached Files

Comment

It's been a while since I've been on the water, but we used to see them on Lavon Lake.

Comment

I’ve seen some big ones in Texana. Biggest I’ve ever seen was about a mile up the Navidad from highway 59.

Comment

Never seen a gator out here in West Texas, but our place in Coke County has a hunting season limit for them. Never seen one there either.

Comment

Working...
                                X