No announcement yet.

Why Are You Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoy the conversation and I think I usually walk away from many of the post that try to instigate a hostile or argumentative response. I joined TBH many, many years ago to learn more about bow hunting and enjoy the people and comradely. If I’m a trouble maker, I’m sorry.

Comment

I read lots of hunting stories before joining TBH, especially Garguy. I joined so I could ask questions, seek advice, and add some of my experiences.
      With a once in a lifetime event happening, I ventured a lot in the PACE forum and spoke my mind. I intend to push away from that forum while enjoying the hunting/outdoors posts. My ratio will definitely improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Already in the works! (Great minds, and all!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          I see the east tx hunting will be quieter from now on.
          Yes sir it will......it has been a long time coming.

Comment

I have loved the political end of the forum. I also love the "shopping" side of the forum. I have done my best to stick to the facts and push back against bravado that often gets started. I am always going to respect and honor the rules and objectives of TBH. It has been a great place to pray for someone, ask for a prayer and such. There is no place like this site. I have posted many things that were found about this fraudulent election. I have also posted many things that 'required a grain of salt' and did my best to warn about that post. Readers would push back on my post and I would have to agree with them that I bought into a fake story. And that is part of the fun.

Many of us would have loved to go to DC just to stand there and say we support Trump. What just happened in DC is tragic. Dems are going to milk it for everything they can. The sadist part of the Trump admin for me has been the discovery of so many fake friends. I have received some of the most horrible insults from people I have known for over 10 even 20 years just because I support Trump. I deleted my FB account a couple of weeks ago. I also cut my cable and pretty much turned off all news. I just read a few web sites now.

I call it going dark. In my opinion we are a communist country now. Freedom of speech, press, due process are all gone. TBH is one place I could go and speak without being insulted. I was allowed to challenge a thought as well as be challenged on my thought. For that I am very grateful for TBH.

Politics affects every part of life. What just happened in DC is probably going to have a negative affect on everything conservative for years to come. More government control of guns, property, companies, people are on the way. Do we hide from the conversation because it is difficult and divisive? I don't know yet.

For now I choose to go dark.

Comment

Sounds good. Now please work on the 95% classifieds posters.

Comment

Good call.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                  Fair enough. That's the way it's done these days, Twitter did it, Facebook did it, should expect no different here.
                  Com’on man
                  This site is a private enterprise and we all exist
                  In it at the privilege of the site owner. Don’t let today’s environment ruin this site for you.
                  This is not Twitter or FB

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    Sounds good. Now please work on the 95% classifieds posters.
                    This is a HUGE problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                      This is a HUGE problem.
                      It's YUGE!

Comment

I joined for the equipment and tuning section. I have a passion for working with bow setups and I can always learn/help others. Sadly, it’s dead over there.. I also enjoy firearms. But not he long range sniper stuff and ar-15 mostly talked about.

Comment

As usual, Michael has reined us back in, posted words of wisdom, and reminded us of what this site is all about...and gently whacked us on the butt! This site has generated lifetime friendships, and those who have emersed themselves in the full tortilla, as Legdog would say, get what this site is all about. It is hard to be rude and condecending to people you have met and share a common bond. Strangers behind the keyboard, however, don't hesitate to ridicule other strangers.

I have been guilty of letting my frustration and disagreement with some posts get the best of me, and I have succumbed to making comments that I should not have made. That said, I have absorbed a considerable amout of criticism from folks that I don't know nor do they know me. I apologize for anyone I have offended, and I will commit to to better.

Everything on the planet is divisive. Tbh sure is no exception. From truck brands to 4 year old deer to advise on chainsaws to pictures of animals or animal behavior. Welcome to the planet.
                          Hey, it's your ball, you can take it and go home. What fits your beliefs and views is in, what doesn't fit is out, we get it, it is YOUR sight. Do with it as you please. It is just another social media outlet that if it disappears it will be replaced by someone else tomorrow.
                          Fair enough. That's the way it's done these days, Twitter did it, Facebook did it, should expect no different here.

Dan, I am not sure you "get it" yet. This site is different!

Comment

Classifieds.....
                            Cool pics of bucks I only dream about
                            Political news
                            And promoting the Buckeyes in a tsip dominated college football forum

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheels View Post
                              I have loved the political end of the forum. I also love the "shopping" side of the forum. I have done my best to stick to the facts and push back against bravado that often gets started. I am always going to respect and honor the rules and objectives of TBH. It has been a great place to pray for someone, ask for a prayer and such. There is no place like this site. I have posted many things that were found about this fraudulent election. I have also posted many things that 'required a grain of salt' and did my best to warn about that post. Readers would push back on my post and I would have to agree with them that I bought into a fake story. And that is part of the fun.

Many of us would have loved to go to DC just to stand there and say we support Trump. What just happened in DC is tragic. Dems are going to milk it for everything they can. The sadist part of the Trump admin for me has been the discovery of so many fake friends. I have received some of the most horrible insults from people I have known for over 10 even 20 years just because I support Trump. I deleted my FB account a couple of weeks ago. I also cut my cable and pretty much turned off all news. I just read a few web sites now.

I call it going dark. In my opinion we are a communist country now. Freedom of speech, press, due process are all gone. TBH is one place I could go and speak without being insulted. I was allowed to challenge a thought as well as be challenged on my thought. For that I am very grateful for TBH.

Politics affects every part of life. What just happened in DC is probably going to have a negative affect on everything conservative for years to come. More government control of guns, property, companies, people are on the way. Do we hide from the conversation because it is difficult and divisive? I don't know yet.

For now I choose to go dark.
                              This is where I'm at.
                              Don't think the majority of us, spent any time over here on PACE, prior to the insanity of last yr.
                              I know I didn't.
                              These are troubled times, and we are discussing, the most discussed story on the planet.

Comment

Plenty of other sites for political posts, I really don’t mind them but mostly just skip over them.

Comment

Working...
                                X