Had a fun weekend at the ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a fun weekend at the ranch

Had a lot of close encounters, even drew a couple of times on a wise old doe but never got quite to anchor. She knew something was up and would trot off about 10 yards putting her just out of comfortable range. Did that three times.

This year has been so challenging for me to get away for a host of reasons so I was just happy to be sitting in a tree again enjoying the cool, hill country weekend. Saw deer every sit, even some bucks (no shooters). Found a new 8 pt I have never seen on a game camera at my favorite tree stand. Even got a few chores done and started brainstorming for next season.

The kids ran several tanks of gas through the Gator and fed the catfish in the pond. Hoping to get back next weekend (weather looking good!) but if this year has taught me anything it is that nothing is guaranteed.

Sounds like a good time. Memories were made

Comment

Sounds awesome

Comment

Good luck Brian!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good to hear from you bud!

Comment

Man, sounds like a fun weekend. Would have been a shame to shoot something and cause work to happen. I love it when the grandkids come out here for an afternoon. It is more about play than hunting, even though we say it is hunting.

Comment

Working...
            X