Great first bow buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great first bow buck

It's taken me two weeks to finally find the time to post this. I have a 5 year history with this buck. He was born on the ranch the year I bought it (2007)and has been fun seeing him grow. (see other pics in prior post by me) He was a nice looking 8 at 3, but I have a goal of 10 or better at that age. Couple of guys hunted with a bow but never got him. Last year at 4 he was a nine and sold a hunt as management deer. The guy hunted 18 hunts with bow no success and then a rifle hunter for 4 hunts, no sightings. This buck would be on game camera pics in morning and evening, but if we tried to hunt, was a no show. We would walk in, feed, not feed, two hours early etc, no luck.

Well fast forward to this year and he grew into a nice 10 at 5. Just not what I am looking for trophy wise, but a great buck. (Take a guess at score, Ill post later).

My buddy had not hunted since high school, and had never shot a bow until last year. I got him into bowhunting and he shot a doe last year on the ranch and became addicted. This year he set sights on a cull buck. The hunter from the prior year was planning on coming to hunt this buck (3rd year in a row) and unfortunate circumstances, for him, allowed my buddy the opportunity to hunt him. Given the past history, fact he had never shot a buck with bow, and biggest todate probably under 120, I gave him a 10% chance of success. Well, we set the blinds up and 2nd weekend of the season, 3 10's come out including this buck. He made a great shot at 36 yards and the rage did its job.

Just a great classic looking south Tx buck. 22 1/4 outside spread, longest tne 10 inches and very symmetric. Amazing first bow buck and a beautiful trophy. Owning a ranch has been a life long dream and starting to see the managment and work pay off its reawarding. Great seeing one of the first deer born on the ranch since I bought develop and grow over 5 years and to have one of my best friends shoot it was awesome.
    Attached Files

Congrats!

Comment

wow what a handsome buck...congrats!!

Comment

Congrats to him. A fine first buck no doubt.

Comment

Congrats!!! I too hope to own my own place one day!

Comment

Congrats, beautiful buck

Comment

grats great buck

Comment

congrats

Comment

Yes sir, great deer!

Comment

Congrats! Awesome first bow buck!!!....and I'll guess 138"

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Great lookin buck! Congrats

Comment

Beautiful, and I say 140

Comment

Nice buck there

Comment

Thanks for posting- and that's what management is all about- a great harvest.

Comment

Working...
                              X