Rage Ex-treme Broadheads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rage Ex-treme Broadheads?

I shoot the regular 100 grain two blade Rage broadhead and just ordered some of the new Rage Ex-treme broadheads. Has anyone hunted with them? If so let me know what you think.

Thanks

Not yet! I shoot grim reapers and 2 bladed rages but would definately like to try the new design sometime!

Comment

Better have some pop to push those big suckers thru something!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        Better have some pop to push those big suckers thru something!
        That's what I'm wondering about these heads. What fps should you be shooting to use them?

Comment

Nope, gonna buy some in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by down2hunt View Post
            That's what I'm wondering about these heads. What fps should you be shooting to use them?
            You'll need ARROW WEIGHT not just fps!I'm staying away from these I think the 2"Rages are pushing on the big side.I prefer the Rage 40KE'S if I'm gonna shoot a mechanical!
            Last edited by ShaBow; 05-23-2012, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Give me your specs on draw length, arrow weight, bow and draw length. Most think that a KE of 60#'s is good to shoot mechanicals, but you are looking at a huge cut with those suckers so you better have more than that to shoot them effectively. I would look at a heavy arrow with good momentum, not KE. I know that mechanicals are shot with KE lower than that, but those are just normal cut mechanicals not a giant cut.

Comment

So now instead of a regular failure we can have an extreme failure. Awesome!!! Yep, haters gonna hate. Especially after one explodes on a shoulder. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  So now instead of a regular failure we can have an extreme failure. Awesome!!! Yep, haters gonna hate. Especially after one explodes on a shoulder. Lol
                  Whats up Ragin!You know they'll be awesome when they are placed in the right spot(just like any other BH) and will be crap when someone makes a BAD shot(just like any other BH) and wants to blame it on something other than themselves.LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
                    Whats up Ragin!You know they'll be awesome when they are placed in the right spot(just like any other BH) and will be crap when someone makes a BAD shot(just like any other BH) and wants to blame it on something other than themselves.LOL!
                    Lol. Nope. Ive killed many many deer hittin in the middle of the shoulder with various fixed blades. Rages are awesome as long as you keep it the rib cage. Ima subconcious shoulder hugger for some reason. Those Grizz Tricks can take that abuse and keep on truckin. Rage, sometimes, sometimes not. But that new extreme, like you say, placed in the perfect spot will be lethal. I gotta shoot somethin to make up for my short comings!!!!

Im workin on my own fixed blade design. Its fixed. I call it the 4.5 inch Whitetail Widamaker. Now if i can just get below 400 grains and get it to fly at speeds over 200fps i'll really have somethin!
                    Last edited by JW; 05-23-2012, 09:06 PM.

Comment

i have been wanting to try those. i use three blade rage and have had nothing but ground checks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by miller7719 View Post
                        i have been wanting to try those. i use three blade rage and have had nothing but ground checks!!!!!
                        I never had understood shooting a mech with only a 2-1/4 inch linier cut when you can shoot a fixed with 2-1/2 inch linier cut. To each his own tho i reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                          Haha agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                            Give me your specs on draw length, arrow weight, bow and draw length. Most think that a KE of 60#'s is good to shoot mechanicals, but you are looking at a huge cut with those suckers so you better have more than that to shoot them effectively. I would look at a heavy arrow with good momentum, not KE. I know that mechanicals are shot with KE lower than that, but those are just normal cut mechanicals not a giant cut.
                            I'm shooting 295 fps with 67#'s of KE.

Not 100% sold on these heads. I think I'll wait for others to try them and read some reviews. I'll stick with my standard rage 2 blades till then.

Comment

Originally posted by down2hunt View Post
                              I'm shooting 295 fps with 67#'s of KE.

Not 100% sold on these heads. I think I'll wait for others to try them and read some reviews. I'll stick with my standard rage 2 blades till then.
                              Yes but what is your arrow weight bro. That'll be more of a deciding factor than the ke. But its sounding like on whitetail sized stuff you may be ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X