Apologies For Crashing the Campfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies For Crashing the Campfire

Apologies for just crashing into the campfire without a proper introduction. My social media skills/manners are not very good as I don't participate in anything like FB or the like. I just had been lurking on this forum for awhile and was totally blown away by the kindness, compassion and top notch hunting tales, figured I better join up!

Anyways, I'm not a bowhunter, and have primarily just been a dove/quail/saltwater fishing guy for the last 25-30 years. My dad started me deer hunting at the age of 5 and I did that pretty regularly up until about my early 20's before I just kind of lost interest. Always loved being out there still, just didn't really care much more about harvesting them. Then along came my kiddos and the fire was rekindled with passing the torch to them. My daughter (10) absolutely loves it and can't get enough. My son (8) is pretty lukewarm on the whole deal and that's ok, he's mostly about getting out there and riding his 4 wheeler around. There's absolutely no describing the feeling, as I'm sure many of you know, of being with your kid for many of those "firsts in the field" moments. I've been tremendously blessed to share some spectacular moments in the field with my kiddos!

They are both very interested in getting into bowhunting/archery and I figure this would be the perfect opportunity for me to pick up a new hobby as well.....

Great information here guys and gals and it is greatly appreciated that so many are willing to share knowledge and wisdom here on this forum. Thank you all very much and I look forward to getting to know ya.

Steve

Welcome to the fire.
    Attached Files

Comment

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome
        I also am a non social media sept here

Ron

Comment

Welcome to The Campfire Steve. Pull up a log and have a sit. There's warmth near a fire.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	24560600

Them kids is what it's all about. And you already stated that in your second paragraph. That is the future. Let not those memories be forgot. The memories created in the field are the true trophys, not whats hanging on the wall. When we are to old to get around, and the one on the wall fades away, hopefully our memories will still be with us no matter our fate.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome Sir!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Come on up and sit a spell.

Comment

Welcome sir

Comment

Welcome! Great community of people here, thats for sure!

Comment

Welcome to the fire brother

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Working...
                              X