Portable bow press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable bow press

Hey guys I'm looking for the best affordably priced bow press. I'm not looking for something like the large apple presses. I need something that can be packed in say, a large tool box. Any suggestions are appreciated lets hear of some presses!

In on this. I've been meaning to put one on my boat for while I'm bowfishing.

Comment

Late night bump

Comment

I have the portable one from academy. Works well when away from the house. Easy to pack and use.
        Looks like this
        • Fast, easy to use, light weight, portable bow press • Allows you to work on your bow at home or in the field • Slide the press over the limbs and ratchet the nylon strap tight • CNC machined aluminum • Will work with most bows • Easily fits in your case or travel bag

Comment

Originally posted by OUTDOORSMANEVERETT View Post
          I have the portable one from academy. Works well when away from the house. Easy to pack and use.
          Looks like this
          http://www.lancasterarchery.com/ram-...bow-press.html
          I have the same one and it does what it needs to. I've used it to replace strings and install peeps. It works fine for $50+

Comment

I have a bow master and it works great.
            The Bowmaster® portable bow press puts all the capabilities of a full size bow press in the palm of your hand, making it "the truly portable bow press"

Comment

I use the bowmaster. I feel it's the safest portable press on the market, and I've even been able to do limb swaps on most bows with it. There is a split limb adapter if you have a split limb bow.

Comment

I have a Bowmaster, and it is a really useful tool. I also picked up the split limb adapters so I can press my daughter's bow, and they work like a champ.

Spend the few extra bucks, and order thr leather storage pouch for your Bowmaster, it sure is nice having it stored neatly, and not all tangled up in your gear.

The Synunm press is gaining in popularity. It is pretty infinite, but I can't get past the price tag for such a simple concept. There are a bunch of DIY on building your own for much less.

Comment

The Bowmaster seems to be popular and definitely affordable!

Comment

If I go with the Bowmaster I'll get the leather pouch, an extra cable, and split limb adapters. I like the other press you mention but the price is a little high for me. I'm looking for this portable press until I have my own place where I can dedicate a room to all my archery and outdoors stuff. Once I'm there I'll be able to bolt down a full sized press.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailtrail View Post
                      Hey guys I'm looking for the best affordably priced bow press. I'm not looking for something like the large apple presses. I need something that can be packed in say, a large tool box. Any suggestions are appreciated lets hear of some presses!
                      i've got a bowmaster for sale in the classifieds, pm me and we can work something out. it will press solid or split limbs as long as the limbs are not beyond parallel. great for small jobs @ the house like fixing peep rotation, tying in a rest, timing issues or field repairs.
                      Last edited by muddyfuzzy; 10-22-2013, 10:33 AM.

Comment

I thought about a bowmaster until I saw this. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrV7uYgT-7w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrV7uYgT-7w[/ame]

I like the looks of the Synunm. The price for some ropes and pulleys is hard to swallow though. I can't chance the bowmaster since one of the bows I would need to press it would be impossible to get new limbs for.

Comment

If you got to Bowmasters website they don't offer that split limb adaptor. So it looks like that is a old outdated adaptor

Comment

I figure they have had to address that issue, correct?

Comment

Another thumbs up for the Bowmaster press. You have to purchase the adaptor separately.
                              It's about the same cost as the press but well worth it.
                              Always in the base camp box, right beside the Arizona fletcher.

They had an issue with people using the adaptor on the parallel limb design bows, they DON'T work on those limbs.
                              Last edited by Greywolf in Hawaii; 10-22-2013, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X