QAD HDX rest set-up ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QAD HDX rest set-up ?

When you set your HDX rest up on your bow do you let the arrow launcher rest on your bow shelf where you have to use a little longer arrow, or do you slide the whole rest back as far as possible so you can use a shorter arrow?Or does it not even mater?

Hmmm.... I would recommend you going to a Archery proshop close to you and get it set up correctly.

Comment

Put it as close to the riser as you can so you will have less of a chance of fletching contact because the rest will have more time to fall down before the fletchings reach it.

Comment

Do not use the smaller arrow idea!
        Good way to shoot yourself in the hand!
        The tip of your arrow should be past your grip hand.

Comment

Mine is set like so

I shot a 30"cam so maybe you can go from here . You don't always need a bow shop to set up yr rig
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm going to tell you to do what you want.. By putting the rest as far back as you can you are creating over-draw.. What that buys you is a shorter arrow as you have said. What that buys you is a stiffer spine.. So for example, I'm shooting 29" DL @ 66#. By the arrow chart I'm right between a 400spine and a 350. I don't want a 350 arrow because of the weight but a long 400 will be too weak. So I cut my arrows shorter so I can use the 400 spine and have proper spine.

That being said, you will probably NOT shoot yourself in the hand if you form the habit of touching your index finger to your thumb or touching the tips to the front of your riser. Just like when I pull my gun I don't automatically pull the trigger, it's muscle memory to keep your fingers in the appropriate spot and will help be torque free.

If your goal is not to adjust your spine then just leave it up against the riser..

As far as vanes clearing the launcher.. It's a non issue.. The QAD Ultra-rest is tested at over 400fps.. It falls fast enought no matter where you have it set..
            Last edited by Leftridge; 08-01-2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I mounted mine flush against the bow. Seems to fit the contour of my Z7X perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac... View Post
                Do not use the smaller arrow idea!
                Good way to shoot yourself in the hand!
                The tip of your arrow should be past your grip hand.
                That's a matter of opinion. I shoot mine just 3/4 in past my rest, which puts the FP or BH right in the center above the shelf. Right by the Berger button. I know others that shoot even closer to the rest.

Comment

You want to make sure that wherever you set it up that its "in line" with where your Berger holes line up. Since this rest is designed to be adjustable you can mount it a flush with the riser and then adjust it vertically to the correct spot. I usually set up the bows i worked on this way and would then tune the rest based on how the bow "wanted" it. I would try it this way and see how it shoots. If you dont go to a shop to have the timing done there are a couple of easy ways to get that correct too.

As for arrow length, as mentioned before that depends on your spine/weight arrow combination you want. I shoot a 29DL with an arrow that meets the front edge of the riser so when i use fixed bh's i dont run as much of a risk cutting a finger. Proper form and technique will most likely never let that happen but i also dont like to push the boundaries too much, seen too many "shots gone wrong" pics. Good rule of thumb for me is an arrow 3/4" to 1" past the rest usually works out the best.

Good luck on getting it set up, i love mine and haven't had any issues with it, had it on for over a year now.

Comment

Originally posted by RunsWithBeer View Post
                    That's a matter of opinion. I shoot mine just 3/4 in past my rest, which puts the FP or BH right in the center above the shelf. Right by the Berger button. I know others that shoot even closer to the rest.
                    X2 same here fp/bh right in the center of my riser.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftridge View Post
                      I'm going to tell you to do what you want.. By putting the rest as far back as you can you are creating over-draw.. What that buys you is a shorter arrow as you have said. What that buys you is a stiffer spine.. So for example, I'm shooting 29" DL @ 66#. By the arrow chart I'm right between a 400spine and a 350. I don't want a 350 arrow because of the weight but a long 400 will be too weak. So I cut my arrows shorter so I can use the 400 spine and have proper spine.

That being said, you will probably NOT shoot yourself in the hand if you form the habit of touching your index finger to your thumb or touching the tips to the front of your riser. Just like when I pull my gun I don't automatically pull the trigger, it's muscle memory to keep your fingers in the appropriate spot and will help be torque free.

If your goal is not to adjust your spine then just leave it up against the riser..

As far as vanes clearing the launcher.. It's a non issue.. The QAD Ultra-rest is tested at over 400fps.. It falls fast enought no matter where you have it set..
                      This

Comment

Working...
                      X