No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were out shredding the trails today. Good news for those that use them to get to the stand!

Comment

Anybody else still waiting on approval? I sent my coordinates in on Tuesday and haven't heard back?

Comment

I never got a response back, but it doesn't look lke anyone is close

Comment

I had to email him twice before I got a response. I emailed him on the 22nd and got a response on the 25th. He said he was out of the office. My first coordinates i sent were no good. So I moved and I got the ok. Good luck.

Comment

I put my coordinates in on the 24th and got my ok on the 27th.

Comment

This is why I wear snake boots at Georgetown. Stepped about 3 feet from this guy the other morning. Good thing it was still early and he was warming up!
              Attached Files

Comment

Holly Smokes!!! Thank you... you just helped my wife say ok to new boots!!!

Comment

WOW! I was out there this A.M. too and ran across this guy...

Click image for larger version

Name:	snake.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	24109851

left him (no longer moving) in the road as a reminder to folks to be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by YLEKeyeOT View Post
                    WOW! I was out there this A.M. too and ran across this guy...

[ATTACH]383400[/ATTACH]

Are we able to "take care of" these guys when we encounter the or is there restrictions on killing snakes?

Comment

Originally posted by Meat821 View Post
                      Are we able to "take care of" these guys when we encounter the or is there restrictions on killing snakes?
                      I think PETR is against it.

Comment

Originally posted by YLEKeyeOT View Post

How do you dispatch them anyway? Use a hiking stick?
                        -- just curious, I'd personally not mess with them.

I've been out there a dozen times so far, have yet to see one, i wear guards tho regardless.
                        Last edited by Falling; 08-28-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry. Who is PETR?

Comment

I never said anything about "dispatching" ...I just left him there...simply observed that he wasn't moving anymore.

Now in other parts where I know it is ok to dispatch with hazardous snakes, I might be inclined to take a stick and hold the head down then use a knife to cut it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Meat821 View Post
                              I'm sorry. Who is PETR?
                              failed joke for specialized department of PETA.

I am unsure if it is OK or not, best to ask Ranger.
                              I'd just avoid them, because I have no skill at killing snakes, and I know that's how most people get bite...messing with them.

Comment

I know you had to explain yourself, but I knew what you were saying

Comment

Working...
                                X