No announcement yet.

2016 Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking forward to see what changes they made to the drawing system. Last I heard they were trying to implement a drawing system to increase odds for the guys with lots of points. Really hope this happens!

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8
      If you typed that co-rectly you have larger problems than drawing a public hunt....
      Lol, no doubt. Banned camp!!

Isis spelled backwards is SISI.

Comment

Yep , best post goes up in flames. Glad I got a screen shot[emoji23]

“The soldier is the Army. No army is better than its soldiers. The Soldier is also a citizen. In fact, the highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country”
        George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
          I am looking forward to see what changes they made to the drawing system. Last I heard they were trying to implement a drawing system to increase odds for the guys with lots of points. Really hope this happens!
          Its all heresay at this point but it sure would be nice to see this in place for 2016, but 2017 is more realistic.

Comment

I can't wait to go hog hunting in the morning though

Comment

looking forward to my 10th year of rejection.

Comment

I'm just wondering how many fewer hunts will be offered this year!!!

Comment

I got drawn for alligator last year and had to skip the hunt. Couldn't get days off during a turnaround. I was sick. Took me 5 years to draw that tag.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                    I'm just wondering how many fewer hunts will be offered this year!!!
                    It does seem like they get fewer and fewer every year. Especially with all the flooding this year I'm sure several more will be off the board.

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                      Even if you aren't going to hunt this year, it's good to sign up for each category anyway if you felt like you might hunt it in the future. Odds are you won't win, but I would still want to build up the points.
                      But then you take a chance on getting drawn and having to decline. I did that a couple of year ago on rifle buck and lost all my points. That is one reason standby has gotten harder. Since its online, if you decline, they give the spot to someone else. Under the old system guys just didn't show up.

Comment

Originally posted by apolloreed View Post
                        This year will be the 18th year we've put in for Gun Deer Either Sex, without being picked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        That's a rough stretch, maybe this is your year. I know under the old card system, we use to get picked once every 2-3 years for something. Now that its more popular and easier to put in, we have been hitting once every 4-5 years.

Over around 25 years we have been drawn probably 10 times. Have had some great hunts and seen some beautiful places. My favorites are just the free range hunts. Just sit in a creek bottom waiting on something to walk by.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
                          That's a rough stretch, maybe this is your year. I know under the old card system, we use to get picked once every 2-3 years for something. Now that its more popular and easier to put in, we have been hitting once every 4-5 years.

Over around 25 years we have been drawn probably 10 times. Have had some great hunts and seen some beautiful places. My favorites are just the free range hunts. Just sit in a creek bottom waiting on something to walk by.
                          I have been putting in for 10yrs and was drawn one time.

As far as the comment above "Now that its more popular and easier to put in, we have been hitting once every 4-5 years". I don't believe that the internet drawing system has been in use this long. I think this is only the 3rd, maybe 4th year in use.

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
                            I have been putting in for 10yrs and was drawn one time.

As far as the comment above "Now that its more popular and easier to put in, we have been hitting once every 4-5 years". I don't believe that the internet drawing system has been in use this long. I think this is only the 3rd, maybe 4th year in use.
                            3rd year. I have been drawn on hunts on the old and new system, maybe more often on the new system. I've been drawn twelve times in eleven years and my kids seven times (in one year). I have a lot of points accumulated in some hunt categories that should be easier to get (antlerless, management, feral hog) so maybe I can get drawn on one of those this year.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                              3rd year. I have been drawn on hunts on the old and new system, maybe more often on the new system. I've been drawn twelve times in eleven years and my kids seven times (in one year). I have a lot of points accumulated in some hunt categories that should be easier to get (antlerless, management, feral hog) so maybe I can get drawn on one of those this year.
                              Wow! 12 times in 11 years, I guess I must not be living right.
                              I guess its luck of the draw, this is why I don't go to Vegas. I put in for many hunts and categories every year. I ended up spending a couple of hundred bucks each year. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
                                Now that its more popular and easier to put in, we have been hitting once every 4-5 years.
                                Your logic is flawed, the new system is only going on its 3rd year, I've seen the #'s chances of drawing are exponentially worse. IMO the system is broke, they need to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X