Preference points!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preference points!

Me and the soon to be wife got our preference points out in last night for Colorado. Went ahead and put in for every one except turkey. Lol. Told her don’t get excited. We can start using them once our kids are grown and out of the house!

(We have no kids and it’s gonna be a few years)

Anyone have any input on desert big horn in Colorado or any other state?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
    Me and the soon to be wife got our preference points out in last night for Colorado. Went ahead and put in for every one except turkey. Lol. Told her don’t get excited. We can start using them once our kids are grown and out of the house!

(We have no kids and it’s gonna be a few years)

Anyone have any input on desert big horn in Colorado or any other state?

Input? Sure. You’ll be lucky draw one before you die lol. It takes a LOT of points. Look at Gohunt. Gives you odds. I don’t even bother. I’ve got a better chance winning $100k on a scratch off and buying a hunt in Mexico or BC lol

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        Input? Sure. You’ll be lucky draw one before you die lol. It takes a LOT of points. Look at Gohunt. Gives you odds. I don’t even bother. I’ve got a better chance winning $100k on a scratch off and buying a hunt in Mexico or BC lol

So if I read the correctly, Colorado doesn’t do points for dessert big horn but does for Rocky Mountain big horn.

Comment

So if I read the correctly, Colorado doesn’t do points for dessert big horn but does for Rocky Mountain big horn.

Sounds right. When I looked at odds last year I gave up lol. New Mexico is no points system. I’d apply there. Problem with PP states is you’re pretty well not gonna draw for a long time. You actually have the same chance this year as you do in 10 in NM.

Put in For an Arizona strip deer tag and the Pauns while you’re at it. Swing for the fence!! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Sounds right. When I looked at odds last year I gave up lol. New Mexico is no points system. I’d apply there. Problem with PP states is you’re pretty well not gonna draw for a long time. You actually have the same chance this year as you do in 10 in NM.

Put in For an Arizona strip deer tag and the Pauns while you’re at it. Swing for the fence!! Lol

Yeah, I’ll start putting in for New Mexico next year. I have a private spot in Colorado to hunt this year. Putting in for pints for years down the road.

Comment

Colorado pretty much screwed everyone who actually wanted to kill a goat or a sheep. Back when you had to front 2300$ for each species only the people who REALLY Want to kill one applied. Now it’s 3$ and just like you said you applied just because. Sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                Colorado pretty much screwed everyone who actually wanted to kill a goat or a sheep. Back when you had to front 2300$ for each species only the people who REALLY Want to kill one applied. Now it’s 3$ and just like you said you applied just because. Sucks.

Yep. I actually want to kill one. But I don’t have the cash to pay for a guaranteed hunt.

Comment

You should be aware that starting this year, Colorado is going to charge $40 for preference point for each specie. If you've held a big game license, annual fishing or annual small game, you want be charged but otherwise you will. Could get expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post
                    You should be aware that starting this year, Colorado is going to charge $40 for preference point for each specie. If you've held a big game license, annual fishing or annual small game, you want be charged but otherwise you will. Could get expensive.

Got it in last night for $3. Last night was the cutoff

Comment

Colorado has been charging $40 per preference point for years, but an annual license would exempt you from that fee.

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
                        Colorado has been charging $40 per preference point for years, but an annual license would exempt you from that fee.

Bought the annual 2017 fishing license for $66. The points were $3 after that

Comment

Yep. I actually want to kill one. But I don’t have the cash to pay for a guaranteed hunt.

it wasnt a guaranteed hunt having to send 2400$ in to apply.. They kept the money and then sent it back.. It has me bummed out.. I felt like i could draw a sheep tag at some point in my life.. But im not so sure now. Ill keep donating my money.

Comment

The cool part about Colorado is a person can so their research and hunt every year drawing a second choice tag while still building points.

Comment

Yesterday was the deadline right?

Comment

Working...
                              X