Shelter that will accept Axis Meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shelter that will accept Axis Meat?

Does anyone know of shelters that are allowed to take in ground Axis meat at this time? The meat will be processed by a certified taxidermist/processor. I know there are a handful of issues involved with donating game meat and am not asking for comments in regards to those issues, but rather information on shelters that could accept it.

Thanks to all those putting in their time and May God watch over us all and keep us safe.

We could probably give it out through our church,
    My Dad is the Paster , will pm you his #

Comment

Texas Hunters for the hungry

Try them. Maybe they can steer you in the right direction

Comment

Appreciate the information. Will contact them tomorrow and will return your pm cbd10pt

Comment

The San Antonio food bank will take it , I kill and have possessed 1-2 deer every year and donate to them http://www.safoodbank.org/

In Austin http://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org/ I know both except wild game
          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-29-2017, 03:07 PM.

Comment

We fed fried deer meat to the Game Wardens working Cleveland for lunch today. They enjoyed it. 👍🏻

Comment

Talked with the Central Texas Food Bank today and they can take axis meat that is processed through a USDA approved facility. We got 3 axis down so far and will be hunting through this weekend to knock down hopefully another 4.

Thanks again for all the information and pm's!

Comment

I've got a bunch of ground meat and some roasts/steaks. If anyone is going down from Dallas to cook for people/first responders, I'd love to donate. Shoot me a PM.

Comment

Working...
                X