Scoring Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scoring Question...

A buddy of mine shot this deer off our place this year. I rough scored him in the field and just got the horns back to score again. Have a question about scoring but here are some pictures for reference:

Click image for larger version

Name:	048 Resize.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	25077456

Name:	IMG_0082.jpg
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	25077457

Name:	IMG_0081.jpg
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	25077458

Name:	IMG_0080.jpg
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	25077459

Without hopefully getting too complicated, my question boils down to how to handle the webbing. There is webbing on both sides. Assuming you take the webbing in the circumference measurements and measure those traditionally, does it then affect the length measurements of the up tines?

With the webbing do you only get the length of the tine arising from the webbing or would you measure the standard way of from the 'line' at the top of each main beam?

Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance...

Had same issue with this deer. Scored numerous times and all came up different. Sorry I am of no help but interested in the responses.
    Attached Files

Comment

following too

Comment

In for the answer on this one

Comment

Following as well.

Comment

there are several TBGA scores on here hope one can answer soon

Comment

On that left side, it looks like you'll get 2 mass measurements in the web. (red)
              I think the tines would be measured, as shown (blue), stopping at the yellow lines.

Name:	IMG_0080.jpg
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	24424575

I'm not an official B&C nor P&Y scorer, and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but this is the way I interpret the measurements.

Comment

I'm agree with you Taxi. But I've only been a TBGA scorer for a year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                  On that left side, it looks like you'll get 2 mass measurements in the web. (red)
                  I think the tines would be measured, as shown (blue), stopping at the yellow lines.

[ATTACH]767773[/ATTACH]

I'm not an official B&C nor P&Y scorer, and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but this is the way I interpret the measurements.
                  This

Comment

Man I had that wrong!

Comment

[ATTACH]767773[/ATTACH]

yes! Well done sir

Comment

think Texastaxi is pretty much on it. The only thing that "might" be different is the G3 measurement. On Dads deer, i discussed a similar deal with a master scorer and BC official. He said if a point has a "longer" side, thats where it should be measured. The way i understand it, it might give that G3 a couple more inches if measured along the edge facing the g2. No expert here for sure, I just dealt with this same thing a couple years ago and thats the official answer i got.

Comment

[ATTACH]767773[/ATTACH]

Thanks!! I didn't think you would get credit both ways (mass and tine length) due to the webbing but wanted to make sure.

Comment

score

just curious but are you not shoulder mounting thing? Just saw the way the head was cut off? Hell of a buck!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DEADEYE1 View Post
                              just curious but are you not shoulder mounting thing? Just saw the way the head was cut off? Hell of a buck!!!!!!
                              Yes he is shoulder mounting it, they cut the skull cap off when they do the mount. Its not your deer's actual skull inside the mount, its fiberglass or foam or something

Comment

Working...
                              X