No announcement yet.

Official TBH Trad Hog Hunt????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this would be a fun hunt, but trying to put it together on this short notice is problematic. I know that Marshrat can only go in July and since it was his idea we need to try and find a time when he can participate. I need a fair amount of heads up time, its a 1200 mile drive for me and I need time to line up some other activities to make the drive worthwhile, more than just a couple days hunting. I normally go down to hunt pigs/javvies in South Texas for 5 days in Jan or Feb, but would be willing to make a second trip if a chance came up to do a TBH trad trip.

Comment

I would be interested. Might have a guy or three also interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
        I think this would be a fun hunt, but trying to put it together on this short notice is problematic. I know that Marshrat can only go in July and since it was his idea we need to try and find a time when he can participate. I need a fair amount of heads up time, its a 1200 mile drive for me and I need time to line up some other activities to make the drive worthwhile, more than just a couple days hunting. I normally go down to hunt pigs/javvies in South Texas for 5 days in Jan or Feb, but would be willing to make a second trip if a chance came up to do a TBH trad trip.
        I appreciate the offer, but I am willing to go later in the season. Doesn't bother me a bit. Driving down from OK, I wouldn't mind bringing the kids as well. I just want to get together. As a teacher, I hate summers because I just don't have anything to do. I thought I would fill the void with some hog killing, especially since they just aren't prevalent where I am, and I haven't killed one in a few years. Might have even forgot how to clean em. I will be willing to put something together whenever anyone wants to go.

Comment

Plus, I think Donnie is really willing to work with us. I say, let's get something together. Would love to have a trad get together far beyond this one year.

Comment

OK, I'm in. Just don't make it the weekend of Sept 7, that's opening day of our Archery deer season in North Carolina.

Comment

Trophy fee on hogs?

Comment

Originally posted by bobfishbw View Post
                Trophy fee on hogs?
                See post #6.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                  OK, I'm in. Just don't make it the weekend of Sept 7, that's opening day of our Archery deer season in North Carolina.
                  Other than the July/August weekends, I only have 4 weekends available till April 2014. Sept. 13-15, Nov. 8-10, 15-17, and 29-1.

Comment

Anyone else for sure interested?

Comment

My best advice is set a date and just see who can attend.

Comment

Im interested, have hunted at Donnie's before. Has a nice place. Lots of hogs.

Comment

July 12-14 is no longer available.

Comment

Jul 26-28 looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by Oneway View Post
                              Jul 26-28 looks good!
                              I can make this work. We need to get some commitments so we can firm things up with Donnie.

Comment

I think everything kind of petered out. I can't go that weekend anyway. I will be happy to work with everyone else, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X