AR barrels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
    In the Grendel the jump from 18 to 24 will get you about 200 fps.

I shoot suppressed so I like the 18"bbl.
    Is that real world or alexander arms propaganda. I have a hard time believing the g suffers near that bad. That's like worse than creedmoore numbers fps/inch out of something with with 18+ grains less case capacity with 120 or 140 class bullets. I wouldn't build one over 18 either and prefer 16.

Comment

texas shooter supply

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
        Is that real world or alexander arms propaganda. I have a hard time believing the g suffers near that bad. That's like worse than creedmoore numbers fps/inch out of something with with 18+ grains less case capacity with 120 or 140 class bullets. I wouldn't build one over 18 either and prefer 16.
        That is identical hand loads, one on my 24" gun (sold it) and the other on the 18" build that replaced it.

Most guns I have seen are about 50fps per inch. That is lopping 6 inches off which is about 35fps per inch.

Comment

Wow. I'd have never guessed. Case dimensions I suppose? The test I was referencing

Since its introduction by Hornady in 2007, the 6.5 Creedmoor (sometimes shortened to Creed) has established a strong foothold in the US rifle market.  The 6.5 Creedmoor balances the excellent exter…

Comment

Wow. I'd have never guessed. Case dimensions I suppose? The test I was referencing

https://rifleshooter.com/2016/02/6-5...p-a-creedmoor/
            Dunno. Just what I observed.

Comment

AR performance
              Lothar Walther
              Krieger
              Shilen
              White Oak Armory

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

My grendel has a satern barrel. It will drive tacks.

Comment

JP has some of the best barrels. Second for me is Odin Works. JP carries a nice price tag though

Comment

Originally posted by Azzy View Post
                    JP has some of the best barrels. Second for me is Odin Works. JP carries a nice price tag though
                    I do not like that the JP only comes in a light contour. Especially if you run suppressors.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                      I have not had that many AR barrels but probably more than lots of folks. All have been budget brands (Ballistic Advantage, BCA, PSA, etc) but my Faxon barrel is far and away my favorite. It's just stupid accurate
                      I second faxon, give them a look.

Comment

Do not get the Satern Liberty barrels. They are button rifled. Get the Cut rifled ones.
                        Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                        Those are button rifled, like outbreaker said, avoid.
                        I don't discredit the merits of a cut rifled barrel, given the choice that's what i'll pick. But avoid or don't get, not sure i would go that far. Lots of quality bbl's are still button rifled, lilja and others. Still comes down to qc like most things imo.

3 at 110 off a bipod. Factory amax

Last edited by TexMax; 01-11-2018, 10:13 PM.

Comment

I do not like that the JP only comes in a light contour. Especially if you run suppressors.
                          JP offers a medium contour also...
                          Attached Files

Comment

ARPerformance barrels are off the chain. Most accurate barrels I have used.

Comment

I don't discredit the merits of a cut rifled barrel, given the choice that's what i'll pick. But avoid or don't get, not sure i would go that far. Lots of quality bbl's are still button rifled, lilja and others. Still comes down to qc like most things imo.

3 at 110 off a bipod. Factory amax

Not so much a thing against button rifled barrels, two of my best shooters are a Larue and a BHW barrels. It's more so the liberty button barrels aren't (in my opinion) up to the same quality as some other button barrel manufacturers (and they angered a few folks over on arfcom with a group buy if I recall: short chambers). If I'm going button rifled, I'd go elsewhere. Now for their cut rifled Satern barrels, you can't go wrong.

Comment

Ah. I could take issue with that as well. I got a good one I suppose. For under $400 out the door with a bolt and a few common sizes usually on the shelf they're hard to pass it they shoot like mine did

Comment

Working...
                                X