2017 Trad Harvest Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:::
    Last edited by Buff; 09-09-2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the compliments. No doubt, Africa was everything Bisch had been saying it was. I'm certainly hooked!
      I expect to be a much better hunter here this year after all the time spent trying to draw on those string jumpers over there.
      Congrats everybody on the kills!

Comment

Put me down for a female Aoudad.
        Courtney. Brought me a lacy pup to try out and we set out hoping for a pig to track.
        A herd of Aoudad came in and one was in bad shape.
        You could see every bone in her body.
        The other sheep would not let her eat and she just hung back from the rest of them.

I decided to take her out if she gave me a shot.
        They hung around for over an hour but the sick one never came within 50 yards of me unless she was running from the other sheep.

I had pretty much given up on her when I looked out one of the side windows and she was headed down a trail that would take her within 30 yards of me.

I quickly shut the front window to keep out the light and opened the side one.

She stopped right where I needed her to and the arrow was away within a split second.
        It arched up over her back and dropped into her right above her elbow.

She ran a quick 60 yards before flipping over.

A little shorter than we had hoped for our blood trail but the 1-7/8' GK head gashed her open.

I forgot to take a picture of myself with her but did get one with the puppies
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2817.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	24510322

Comment

Congrats Marty. Glad to see Ester again too

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Good shooting Marty.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Good call Marty, she was headed downhill in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                Put me down for a female Aoudad.
                Courtney. Brought me a lacy pup to try out and we set out hoping for a pig to track.
                A herd of Aoudad came in and one was in bad shape.
                You could see every bone in her body.
                The other sheep would not let her eat and she just hung back from the rest of them.

I decided to take her out if she gave me a shot.
                They hung around for over an hour but the sick one never came within 50 yards of me unless she was running from the other sheep.

I had pretty much given up on her when I looked out one of the side windows and she was headed down a trail that would take her within 30 yards of me.

I quickly shut the front window to keep out the light and opened the side one.

She stopped right where I needed her to and the arrow was away within a split second.
                It arched up over her back and dropped into her right above her elbow.

She ran a quick 60 yards before flipping over.

A little shorter than we had hoped for our blood trail but the 1-7/8' GK head gashed her open.

I forgot to take a picture of myself with her but did get one with the puppies
                [ATTACH]872096[/ATTACH]
                Nice Marty how's Bagley doing is she retired

Comment

Way to go, Marty!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good goin guys, and gal! Buff, good seeing Ester back after em! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by live2hunt65 View Post
                      Nice Marty how's Bagley doing is she retired

Semi- retired
                      We still use here on the tough tracks but if she has a run down and catch deal, she is pretty much used up for the weekend.
                      Her joints have her stove up the next day so im working on some young dogs to do the running for us.
                      Me and Bagley will just stroll along behind them

Comment

Semi- retired
                        We still use here on the tough tracks but if she has a run down and catch deal, she is pretty much used up for the weekend.
                        Her joints have her stove up the next day so im working on some young dogs to do the running for us.
                        I guess we all getting getting old lol

Comment

Semi- retired
                          I guess we all getting getting old lol. I'm getting a pup from Courtney also

Comment

Very nice harvest !!

Comment

Nice blue, or dusky grouse for my first harvest of the season.
                              Now the elk need to cooperate.

Comment

Shot a good boar last night.

Clay

Comment

Working...
                                X